[MT-L] Magic 5.67 pp 25

Bolduc, Patricia

Nov 15, 2017, 9:33:20 AM11/15/17
to MEDIT...@mtusers.com

Hello,

Does anyone have a rule(s) to limit the quantiy of Opiods upon discharge?  The state of CT is implementing an act preventing prescription opiod diversion and abuse, one of the actionable items is no more than a seven day supply for adults or a five day supply for a minor will be prescribed.  How can we create a hard stop to prevent providers from prescribing too many? Also can this rule evaluate if the patient is an adult or minor?

We are just beginning implementing EPCS.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you,

Patti Bolduc LPN

Clinical Systems Analyst

Eastern Connecticut Health Network, Inc.

71 Haynes Street

Manchester, CT  06040

Phone:  860 -646-1222 x3600

Fax: 860-647-6830

"This message originates from Eastern Connecticut Health Network. The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. If you are the intended recipient, you must maintain this message in a secure and confidential manner. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. Thank you."

Dawn Blandford

Nov 16, 2017, 10:59:19 AM11/16/17
to Bolduc, Patricia, MEDIT...@mtusers.com

Good morning,

Please forward any information regarding this topic to me as well.

We are now beginning to review this process as well.  We are C/S 5.67 PP25.

Thanks,

Dawn

Ventura, Andrew

Nov 16, 2017, 1:17:56 PM11/16/17
to Dawn Blandford, Bolduc, Patricia, MEDIT...@mtusers.com

Hi,

I don’t have this built, but we did have a rule that warned providers when doing more than 99, because the default string was 10, and they’d click and type 20, thinking it overwrote 10, and ended up with 1020 tablets.

I would expect it would be pretty simple, and could pull the patient’s age into the rule logic.

Have you had any particular difficulty with an RXM rule for this?

Thanks,

Andrew Ventura, Pharm.D, MBA

Pharmacy Informaticist, Information Systems

Augusta Health, Fishersville VA

C/S 5.67pp25

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the person(s) to whom it was intended and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments.

Chuck Bedel

Nov 16, 2017, 1:46:37 PM11/16/17
to Ventura, Andrew, Bolduc, Patricia, MEDIT...@mtusers.com
Not 100% sure on magic, however in C/S you can go into RXM customer defined data fields (ie the RXM keyword dictionary) and define one under category RX and call it something like z.qty and have it have the code:

@t.RXM.RX.order.qty

Then just write a very basic rule that looks at perhaps the control schedule, or maybe the drug type, or both, and the order qty, and make it a hard stop if the order qty is greater than blah.

Should be relatively easy I would think.

Chuck

Chuck Bedel, PharmD, RPh
Senior Consultant
The IN Group division of DrFirst®

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the person(s) to whom it was intended and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. ===###===###===###===###===###===###===
To unsubscribe from the meditech-l, follow the instructions at the URL http://mtusers.com/mailman/options/meditech-l_mtusers.com/

Please do NOT send messages that ask "Please post to the list" or "I'd like to see your answers" or "Send that info to me, too"  These are useless messages that just waste the email server's resources.  Instead, email the original requester and ask that they send you or post the results of their question.

Go to http://MTUsers.net for other information on the list, as well as:
1) reading meditech-l messages online
2) job opportunities
3) vendor products and service

Do NOT send email to meditech...@MTUsers.com.  This is a system email box that is NOT monitored by a human. If you need help or advice on how to use the meditech-l, email  ju...@MTUsers.net.  Julia helps manage the meditech-l, so she is your best resource.

Notice of Confidentiality: The information included and/or attached in this electronic mail transmission may contain confidential or privileged information and is intended for the addressee. Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, distribution or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of the information is prohibited. If you believe that you have received the message in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.