[MT-L] CS 5.67: Rule to make certain drug charges ZERO if the patient is an outpatient

Yoder, Derrick L.

Nov 21, 2017, 3:57:00 PM11/21/17
to medit...@mtusers.com

Hi All,

    I am looking to see if anybody has a rule available that will help me have certain drugs get a zero charge if the patient is an outpatient.  My reason for this is somewhat complicated, but it is in an effort to comply with certain 340B regulations.  Email me if you need more information.

Thanks,

Derrick Yoder PharmD

GRMC

Oakland Md

dyo...@gcmh.com

Attention.....

The information contained in this email and in any accompanying documents, may constitute confidential and/or legally privileged information and/or may be protected by the federal law, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996, and other state laws.  The information is intended only for use by the designated recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance on this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email communication in error, please notify the Garrett County Memorial Hospital 301 533-4321 immediately and delete the message from your system.

Kevin McConnell

Nov 21, 2017, 5:46:10 PM11/21/17
to Yoder, Derrick L., medit...@mtusers.com

Hey Derrick,
Do you have a “Zero Charge” Charge Type?  If so, you can set the CT to that mnemonic if
[f rx pt type]="OUT” -or- [f pt status] not equal to “ADM IN”…one of those should work, depending on your system.

IF{[f rx pt type]="OUT” [f rx set charge type](“NO.CHARGE”);1}

“NO.CHARGE” is your mnemonic of your No Charge CT…

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kevin.

Kevin McConnell, PharmD, PhD.

Chief Operating Officer

Infinity HIT, LLC.

713.480.6810 | mobile

www.infinityHIT.com

T.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages to clients of InfinityHIT may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward, or store this message unless you are an intended recipient of it. If you have received this message in error, please forward it to the sender and delete it completely from your computer system.