[MT-L] EXT RE: PASS

Charlotte Snider

Nov 15, 2017, 5:14:38 PM11/15/17
to Jensen, Donald, Tammy McLean, medit...@mtusers.com

Currently we have questions on the IV Assessment

Ideally the nurse goes into the IV assessment to “code” the IV push/1st hr Infusion when they administer it.  Doesn’t always happen that way.

Injections are charged when the nurse documents the injection site on the MAR.

Currently I am doing a 100% review of all ER discharged patients (daily), reviewing what was documented and charged by nursing, then going into billing and making corrections.

I work in IT.  Currently this is being discussed as should it be continued by IT, done by the ED manager/staff, or moved to Coding.

We are a 6.08 CAH facility.

Charlotte Snider RN

Hammond Henry Hospital

“When you eliminate the impossible, whaterver remains, however improbable,  must be the truth.” Spock

Notice of Confidentiality:  The information included and/or attached in this electronic mail transmission may contain confidential or privileged information and is intended for the addressee.  Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, distribution or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you believe that you have received the message in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.  If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.