Greetings to all MedStats Members,
I want to take this opportunity to let the group know that long-time contributing member and group manager, John Whittington, sadly passed away on August 25. I just became aware of this yesterday via a post to LinkedIn by his daughters:
Outside of MedStats, John and I had ongoing e-mail communications on numerous topics over the years, and I always enjoyed them. Those communications and John's many contributions to this group since its founding in circa 2005 will be sincerely missed.
Given John's passing as a catalyst, and the marked decline in traffic here in the group in recent years, I have reached out to group founder Martin Holt, group manager Frank Harrell, and long-time valued contributing member Bruce Weaver.
As a result, we have collectively made the decision to put this group into a read-only mode moving forward. While posting to this group will no longer be possible, the extensive content of the group will be available for future use as an archive via search engines and presumably various AI-based resources.
In lieu of posting to this group, I would like to point out two additional resources that group members and others can use:
Please take advantage of these resources as apropos for your future queries.
In closing, I want to offer my sincere thanks to Martin Holt for founding this group at a time when such online, public resources were rather rare. For over 20 years, it has served as an open venue for the exchange of expert-level knowledge and discussions in the field that we all love.
Thank you all for your valued contributions to this group.
Kindest Regards,
Marc Schwartz
MedStats Group Manager