There is nothing in the Universe being talked obout and that is: not being talked about!

Martin Holt

May 22, 2021, 8:28:04 AM5/22/21
to MedStats
J.M. Bland and Robert Newcombe~

I want to revisit/download your software....

How do I go about doing just that?

Martin.

Bruce Weaver

May 22, 2021, 12:02:19 PM5/22/21
to MedStats
Hello Martin.  Re Robert Newcombe's software, if you mean the Excel worksheets that accompany his book on confidence intervals, click the Support Material link on the webpage for the book, and download the zip file (K10649.zip).
If you meant some other software, please clarify.

Cheers,
Bruce

Brett Magill

Jun 4, 2021, 12:59:58 AM6/4/21
to meds...@googlegroups.com
A former colleague permanently borrowed my copy of "Applied Longitudinal Data Analysis" by Singer and Willett.  I really liked this book and I am considering replacing it. The 2003 publication date does give me pause.  I might replace it for nostalgia if nothing else. But, are there more current alternatives?

Thanks

Brett

SR Millis

Jun 4, 2021, 8:05:08 AM6/4/21
to meds...@googlegroups.com
I like:

Linear Mixed Models: A Practical Guide Using Statistical Software, Second Edition
by Brady West et al.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scott R Millis, PhD, ABPP, CStat, PStat
Wayne State University
Detroit
斯科特·米利斯

To post a new thread to MedStats, send email to MedS...@googlegroups.com .
MedStats' home page is http://groups.google.com/group/MedStats .
Rules: http://groups.google.com/group/MedStats/web/medstats-rules

---

Bruce Weaver

Jun 4, 2021, 8:57:27 AM6/4/21
to MedStats
I have not had time to read very much of it yet, but the 2015 book by Lesa Hoffman looks good:
Re Singer & Willett, I think it remains a valuable resource, despite the publication date.  One reason is Part II on methods for analyzing "event occurrence".  Even though "Modeling Change and Event Occurrence" is in the title of the book, that section surprised me when I first worked through the book.  ;-)  Readers who are unfamiliar with Singer & Willett (2003) can see the TOC here:
Cheers,
Bruce

SteveDrD

Jun 4, 2021, 11:20:28 AM6/4/21
to MedStats
How about Ed Vonesh's   "Generalized Linear and Nonlinear Models for Correlated Data: Theory and Applications Using SAS" .  Granted it is SAS-centric, but the theory part is very helpful

Steve Denham, PhD
Senior Biostatistics Scientist
Charles River Laboratories

Paul Thompson

Jun 4, 2021, 2:07:41 PM6/4/21
to meds...@googlegroups.com
Along those same lines, I highly recommend " Stroup. 2012. Generalized Linear Mixed Models: Modern Concepts, Methods and Applications. CRC Press."
Very clearly written book. He uses GLIMMIX as  his main tool, which is the most general and powerful tool in SAS for mixed models. Stroup is also an author of "PROC GLM", so he has been writing about SAS stuff for many years

Paul A. Thompson