Tilley

1 view

Mary Marquart

Aug 5, 2019, 11:38:44 AM8/5/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I just saw Tilley run out from under our deck around 8:20am. We live at 638 Pine Tree, right below the house that she originally ran away from. She’s skinny and very skittish, but still alive!
Mary Marquart

Sent from my iPhone

sdw53

Aug 5, 2019, 12:18:04 PM8/5/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Just spoke with Mary...Tilly was headed toward Pinyon.
Can't believe she's still with us...what a survivor!
Sarah

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MHPOA" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/MeadowdaleHills/C43C35F5-00F8-4C14-AF01-DE86F54FB458%40q.com.

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 5, 2019, 2:42:44 PM8/5/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
What ws the house number she ran away from.

Sarah Westerheide

Aug 5, 2019, 2:44:34 PM8/5/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
638 Pine Tree

Sent from my iPad

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 5, 2019, 2:45:19 PM8/5/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Is it sitting empty right now

Sarah Westerheide

Aug 5, 2019, 2:47:37 PM8/5/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
No, year round home. See first post in n this string...

Sent from my iPad

Liz Bower

Aug 5, 2019, 7:20:08 PM8/5/19
to MHPOA
I had just about given up on Tilley!   I wonder if trapping her would be ok. Does anyone have any ideas about finally capturing her? I recall the owners talking about trapping, but not sure about that anymore. I'll call Greenwood Wildlife Center tomorrow and ask for ideas even though they focus on wild animals.
Liz

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 5, 2019, 7:24:21 PM8/5/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
There's a  trap on the deck that I saw today at the house. But food was all mush. I think we have to try and get her to come back to the house. I'm going to ck each morning. Made sure there was water there. Sprinkled dry food. But tommorow I'll leave more. Keep checking each day. As I'm not sure if anyone is checking or not. The house is empty no one there.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MHPOA" group.

Liz Bower

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 5, 2019, 8:45:26 PM8/5/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Great.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/MeadowdaleHills?hl=en?hl=en
VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.MHPOA.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MHPOA" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/MeadowdaleHills/1de81068-b0c7-4ed7-9168-5519e4addd35%40googlegroups.com.

G Friz Andrusko

Aug 5, 2019, 9:14:05 PM8/5/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
If we have a place where she comes to for food without a trap (not easy because wildlife can take it, and she has to find it and come back to it), she could hopefully become comfortable with coming to the spot.
May she look forward to our coming and want to interact with us.

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 6, 2019, 12:36:09 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
We got tilley woohoo.
Last night went by the house put fresh food in trap. Went back this morning at 7.30am trap was closed all food gone no tilley in trap. So I put out dog food and chic. Bill next door neighbor had also been leaving food out for he. So food I put out he put on the back deck. Tilley came up for it and he was able to catch her. I knew today wS going to be a good day. The Dew family ate on their way to collect her now. Shes doing good obviously needs to be checked over by the vet.
This makes my heart so happy.
Rosemary please share with others.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/MeadowdaleHills?hl=en?hl=en
VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.MHPOA.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MHPOA" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/MeadowdaleHills/1de81068-b0c7-4ed7-9168-5519e4addd35%40googlegroups.com.

Mary Marquart

Aug 6, 2019, 12:38:07 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Great news! Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone

Kevan Davidson

Aug 6, 2019, 12:55:16 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Amazing! Well done! So glad she survived and will be reunited with her family.

sdw53

Aug 6, 2019, 12:57:50 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
This is a miracle!!! So happy Tilly will be reunited with her family!! 😊

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8.

Aug 6, 2019, 1:17:00 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Yeah Tilleys mountain adventure. From a dogs point of view of course.

David Batey

Aug 6, 2019, 1:28:05 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks to all that made this possible.
David Batey

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 6, 2019, 1:33:40 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 6, 2019, 1:34:27 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Yes Bill is waiting with her for them to come get her.

Carol BB

Aug 6, 2019, 1:38:41 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
I have been following along with the posts and you all made my day!! :)
Carol Barsch Bontrager
cell:  303-905-6900

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 6, 2019, 1:47:41 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Yes it made mine too. I was really sure this morning that we were going to get her. Imagine my joy when I saw Bill sitting on the deck with her just a few hrs after the food was put out.

Mary Smith

Aug 6, 2019, 2:10:20 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com

STEVE MISCH

Aug 6, 2019, 2:17:26 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
 Isn’t this what our community is all about… Well done everybody and I’m so proud to be a part of this community, MeadowdaleHills

Sent from my iPhone

Anne HULBERT

Aug 6, 2019, 2:29:13 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
AWESOME teamwork neighbors and glad for such a happy ending! Unbelievable!

Thanks,
Anne

Anne Hulbert
Sent from my iPhone

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 6, 2019, 3:12:19 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Yes it is me and gaynel crying over this now. Because it is a happy ending.

Liz Bower

Aug 6, 2019, 3:29:57 PM8/6/19
to MHPOA
That's the best news I've heard all week!!!  Thank you for capturing her .  I'm so darn happy for Tilly and her owners.  What a survivor!

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 6, 2019, 3:42:56 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
I know Liz.
I am so friggin happy about this me and gaynel celebrating right now. Our day has come to a grinding halt to enjoy this moment. Spirit has blessed this community with this amazing news.  I know the family will be happy to have her home.
Let's hope this never ever happens again to anyone else.
But if so! Now we know how to handle. It next time. Hopefully that never happens.
Communication. Via this site
Rosemary The Celtic Lady and Gay Andrusko.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MHPOA" group.

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 6, 2019, 6:18:59 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
So sarah I found today, not a year round home they are down in valley most of the time. Rent out to others. If I had known that I would have been up there every day the last month putting food out twice a day. So started yesterday when we found out no one there at the house. Put out chicken and dog food.  She came in got food as Bill put on the upper deck after I left this morning at 7.30. She came up to deck and bill was able to catch her. By 10am she was in the hands of bill :) But all good Tilleys going home now.
I think if any other dogs go missing in community it's good for us to all know if vacation rental or all year round. This helps us get people together to help lay down a plan to try and rescue an animal faster.
Tilley today was looking really thin. I know some people worry about bears if we put food out but if house is empty, closed up it's not an issue.
As far as I'm concerned.
We are all happy now little tilley is going home to her family in Chicago. What a blessing.
Rosemary

Sarah Westerheide

Aug 6, 2019, 6:41:29 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Rosemary, this is Sarah. I think you have us confused with the owners of the home Tilly ran from...I believe she is the sister of Tully’s owner. My understanding is they are not here all the time and do live in the valley.
We, on the other hand, are seasonal residents, here every June-Oct and DO NOT rent out our home! Tilly visited our home twice and both times we put out food for a day or two hoping she would return and we could catch her. Didn’t want to leave too much food about so as not to attract unwanted animals. We left water out for her often and even had a borrowed kennel w/bed (from the Lawson’s) on our front porch for some time.
Time was spent by several folks walking up & down Pine Tree Drive and always as we drove around we kept our eyes open.
I appreciate what you did in helping to catch Tilly. Just wanted you to know that others were trying their best as well. Happy your efforts were rewarded and Tilly is going home!
Sarah

Sent from my iPad

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 6, 2019, 6:58:24 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Oops sorry for confusion. Yes I'm year round so just know if anything like this ever happens again reach out. We did same drive around etc. So glad everyone reached out to each other. Sometimes just confusion in relay of messages. But all okay. Just good to know that there are so many willing to help.
I would have been devastated if it was my dog and I had to fly home. So just good for community to know there are a lot of us here that are always willing to help out. Information is good:) Thank you also for all you guys did too:)

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 6, 2019, 7:04:46 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Oh and I was not saying you guys were not year round I was referring to tilly's owners.  Does not matter, only matters if we loose dogs etc. Sorry for confusion was just sharing. Info so we can all help out in future find our little pets. My hannah has taken off a couple of times and I know how that feels. They just want to explore:)

Sarah Westerheide

Aug 6, 2019, 7:33:32 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Agreed, Rosemary...love this neighborhood where so many are concerned for the welfare of others!
I can’t imagine how hard it was for the Lacefields to have to leave without their Tilly! Just so happy for them that this ordeal has had a happy ending & Tilly gets to go home!
Hope we cross paths with you some time...might be fun to have a “Tilly Search Party Party” to meet all the neighbors who gave efforts to save Tilly. 😊
Take care...

Sent from my iPad

Rosemary The Celtic Lady

Aug 6, 2019, 7:36:24 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
I agree I usually do a part at my house every year Sunday before labor day. Not sure if i can do as i may go to Canada. But if i dont go then I'll do party with band we will call it Tillys party:)

Sarah Westerheide

Aug 6, 2019, 7:37:54 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
😂👍

Sent from my iPad

Robbi Telfer

Aug 6, 2019, 11:13:23 PM8/6/19
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
This is so wonderful! And amazing! I join David in extending thanks to all the search parties and treat-leavers!
Robbi Telfer