Information for those who get their mail in the cluster boxes

1 view

Robbi Telfer

Aug 24, 2018, 5:36:53 PM8/24/18
to meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all,
If you drive Pole Hill Rd, you know we have two new cluster boxes for the association - 16 mailboxes and 8 parcel lockers. I have been working with Kim and Cheryl to shuffle the box assignments so that all those who live on the east end of Meadowdale Hills can get their mail at the east end, and all those at the west end can get their mail at the west end. This requires changing all the locks on the current cluster boxes.

If you get your mail at your home address/local cluster box you will be receiving a letter from the Post Office alerting you that the locks will be changed on all the boxes, and you will need to pick up a new key for your newly assigned box from the Post Office.

Once the letters go out and the locks are changed, they will hold each of our mail until we pick up the new key. Then things return to normal - hopefully, better than normal. The new assignments are by street, in hopes of fewer mis-deliveries. Right now, all the units are just a hodge-podge of addresses. Many of the errors begin at the sorting center, and with no rhyme nor reason to the way the boxes are laid out, the contract carriers haven't done a very good job figuring out who gets what. Once the boxes are arranged by street, we should see some improvement.

If you know people who are not on NextDoor or Google Groups who get their mail here, please alert them to expect a letter about all these changes that will be taking place in the next couple weeks.

Thanks! And happy mailing! New parcel lockers just in time for the holidays!
Robbi

JoAnn Batey

Aug 24, 2018, 6:53:31 PM8/24/18
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Robbi,
Thanks for the email about the boxes. Hopefully it will help with less mis-delivered mail in the future.

Received a phone message from 614 Meadowview Dr. we were out of town.
 Wondering if you would please post this on the neighborhood site

He(didn't get his name) wanted to let other neighbors know that he saw very large prints of a mountain lion and his cat is missing.This all happened last Saturday. Went on to say that the mountain lion did a good job of marking the territory. He's convince that the mountain lion got his cat.
He also said that the UPS driver told him he saw a mountain lion on Pole Hill on the same Saturday

Thanks
JoAnn

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MHPOA" group.

David Batey

Aug 25, 2018, 12:50:59 AM8/25/18
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for straightening out all of the complications.