NextDoor neighborhood website

Robbi Telfer

Jul 19, 2016, 10:47:36 PM7/19/16
to meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Hello, all,
I wanted to let you know about a new website called NextDoor. It's a FREE and private online network aimed at putting neighbors in touch with one another.

We've checked it out, and it's legitimate. It's been around since 2011, and a Google search shows that police departments feel it is a good way to get the word out among neighbors. In fact, Larimer County has shown an interest in using Next Door for communicating to neighborhoods (please note, communications from Larimer County are one way: they can send messages/posts to the network, but they cannot see posts on the network).

Currently, the Meadowdale Hills NextDoor site is a pilot site - it needs to have ten members by July 25 or we have to start over. So if you are interested in something like this, please sign up right away by going to www.nextdoor.com/join   You just need your name and an email address and this invitation code: WEJDHP They ask you to create a password, as well.

They will ask for your phone number so they can verify your request. It can be a land line or a cell phone because they actually call the phone and ask you to enter a code number. It's not a text message; it's a recording. They will also ask you to verify your email address by sending you an email that you respond to. If you don't get an email, check your spam box.

They solicit you to invite your neighbors, which is okay, but if you would rather not do it when you're signing up, you can click "skip" and it will move you to the next screen. Once you verify your email you will be signed up and can see posts from Meadowdale Hills neighbors and, if you desire, other nearby Estes valley neighborhoods.

So what purpose does this serve? A means of communication. It can help alert us to lost pets, bear sightings (we've had a bunch of them on Alpine and Pine Tree this week), neighborhood needs, association events, that sort of thing. It could help our neighborhood watch program be more effective, too.

Again, the pilot site ends on July 25, so if you are interested, please sign up right away. And thanks to Rachel W on Meadowview for getting this going!
Robbi Telfer
Ridgewood Lane

Patricia E ALDRIDGE

Jul 20, 2016, 9:36:06 AM7/20/16
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
This is an awesome site to be able to be neighborly. Our neighborhood in Texas has been using it for a few years. We were able to find the owner of a dog that wandered into our yard on Christmas Eve once, have shared sale and free items, road closures and traffic problems, recommendations for services (plumbers, doctors, handymen, etc), help with computer issues, social events and lots of other things. It's monitored so anyone rude is removed and the posts are separated into categories so you can read what you want. We were talking about trying to get it going up here so thank you, Rachel and Robbi!

Patti Aldridge
Pinyon Trail

Sent from my iPhone
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MHPOA" group.

Robbi Telfer

Jul 20, 2016, 8:31:32 PM7/20/16
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Patti, that's a great endorsement! I think this site will prove to be very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone

Virgil Brant

Jul 23, 2016, 9:33:06 AM7/23/16
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Robbi,  I could not this to work,  would not take my Cell Phone No. Cabin No. or my home phone at KC
Also my credit card   all of these stated wrong address or could not verify

I think it is a good idea.   I tried.
Tks  Virgil

Robbi Telfer

Jul 23, 2016, 1:58:21 PM7/23/16
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Virgil
I'm in the valley right now but when I get home I'll see what I can do.
Robbi

Sent from my iPhone

Robbi Telfer

Jul 23, 2016, 2:43:36 PM7/23/16
to Meadowd...@googlegroups.com
Ha! I could take care of it on my iPhone! You're good to go.
Robbi

Sent from my iPhone

hpoe...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2018, 1:10:53 PM12/17/18
to MHPOA
is this website down ? unable to sign in or view anything.