Re: MbUnit HELP:“No test were run because no tests are loaded or the selected” in VS2008

Yann Trevin

Jul 9, 2011, 8:53:36 AM7/9/11
to mbuni...@googlegroups.com, MbUn...@googlegroups.com
Hi 3q,

Thank you for the compliment.

There is a nasty trick to make VS2008 recognize a class library project as a valid test project. Read this post from Jeff: http://blog.bits-in-motion.com/2009/04/how-to-enable-or-disable-visual-studio.html If you create a new project as an MSTest project or as a MbUnit v3 project, the magic ProjectTypeGuid will be automatically included. Otherwise you need to add it manually.

Does it help?
Yann.

2011/7/9 郭鑫 <barne...@gmail.com>
Hi,I am a tester  from China (so pls forgive my poor English)who just now
know Mbunit framework,It's a little hard for me to understand well
about some attribute and Icarus GUI Runner although I have already
used Nunit and VS 2005 unit test tool for nearly 1 year.

I like row test attribute and another is my favorite --rollback
attribute and that is  why I choose mbunit.You are great!

I ran into a problem right now,when I followed your steps via
http://weblogs.asp.net/astopford/archive/2008/07/03/mbunit-v3-in-visu...
My Visual Studio team system 2008 indicated that "No test were run
because no tests are loaded or the selected",I used your scripts and
just did the same what you did,the only different thing is that my
window7 is X64 and vs2008 is X86. And now I cannot execute any tests

for test function become inactive.(you can see it  from my enclosed pictures about gallio installation)

could any guys tell me what's wrong?
3q

Neha Jain

Jan 16, 2013, 12:53:18 AM1/16/13
to mbun...@googlegroups.com, mbuni...@googlegroups.com, MbUn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yann,

I am using VS2012 and I checked project GUIDs they are same as mentioned in trick but still test cases are not coming up in test explorer.
Can you please help me on this?

Thanks !!

Regards,
Neha