Problem with maxentropy

Nasson NTWARI

Sep 25, 2021, 9:06:32 PM9/25/21
to max...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I am using Rstudio 1.4.1717, trying to create a species distribution model using MaxEnt, however I keep getting the error:
 "Error in maxentropy(predictor, response, nbg = 500) :
  could not find function "maxentropy" "

 I am trying to install the package "predicts" to use the "maxentropy" function. it seems like my Rstudio version doesn't allow it. Can you recommend a solution?

Best regards
Nasson

Jamie M. Kass

Sep 26, 2021, 4:41:15 AM9/26/21
to Maxent
Nasson,

Sorry, never heard of a "maxentropy" function, or the package "predicts". The typical way to run Maxent is either with the maxent() function in the dismo package (for the Java software), or the maxnet() function in the maxnet package (R version).

Jamie