Calculate the vulnerability index

Pritam chhetri

Sep 20, 2021, 5:26:40 AM9/20/21
to Maxent
Hello all,
I am Pritam. I am working in Ecological Niche Modelling. I have got the raster data of the final model in .tif format. I have projected my model into future scenarios, so I needed to calculate vulnerability using that raster data. Is there any tool in ArcGis to be used to calculate it? If someone can help me with the steps of calculating it either in R, or QGIS or ArcGIS.

Thank you.

Bede-Fazekas Ákos

Sep 20, 2021, 11:01:49 AM9/20/21
to max...@googlegroups.com
Dear Pritam,
vulnerability is typically calculated from the potential impact and the adaptive capacity. The potential impact is the future prediction minus the reference prediction (in R, you can simply use raster algebra: r1-r2, where r1 and r2 are RasterLayers). Adaptive capacity can be calculated in several alternative ways, so I think there is no "best method". You should firstly decide whether you want to deal with the adaptive capacity (and if yes, what kind of data you have to calculate it) or simply use the potential impact as "vulnerability".
HTH,
Ákos Bede-Fazekas
Centre for Ecological Research, Hungary