Maxent “NO DATA_value” Error

Gregory

Sep 25, 2019, 10:43:52 PM9/25/19
to Maxent

I am trying to run Maxent and I have processed all layers and converted them into .asc files (all layers have the same resolution and extent), there are no 'No Data' areas within the projection extent and all the sample points overlay the raster layers.

However, when trying to run the program, the following error appears:

Java.Lang.NumberFormatException: For Input String: "NO DATA_value"

How do i fix this problem? Thanks for your help!
no data value.JPG

Gregory

Sep 25, 2019, 10:43:52 PM9/25/19
to Maxent
no data value.JPG

Rafael Morales Silva

Sep 25, 2019, 11:30:19 PM9/25/19
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gregory,
I think the problem could be the space in your file name "University Dissertation", try without space, instead of a space use underscore "University_Dissertation".
I hope this can help you.

Gregory Pitcher

Sep 26, 2019, 6:53:42 AM9/26/19
to max...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your help!
However, I tried fixing this and the same error has occurred.
Any other suggestions as to the source of this problem?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Maxent" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maxent/CAD37f6OkkAxE9TB1828b%2Bk4wTmayBHq_cXcRFjK3up1qtGxqng%40mail.gmail.com.

Rafael Morales Silva

Sep 27, 2019, 1:01:56 AM9/27/19
to max...@googlegroups.com
How did you create your ".asc" files?

Gregory Pitcher

Sep 28, 2019, 10:13:13 AM9/28/19
to max...@googlegroups.com
I solved the problem. I have been using QGIS to format and process the environmental parameters. When the raster layers are translated into .asc files it alters the nodata_value. I processed the files through an R script and it worked fine.

Thanks for your help.

Léa Escoutay

Jul 24, 2021, 11:39:18 PM7/24/21
to Maxent

Hello
I had the same problem; Can you tell me which R script you use to solve it ? And if there is another solution than using R ?

Thank you in advance

Lea