How to Project future Climate data on Maxent in New version of worldclim

Surajit Hazra

Mar 22, 2022, 3:25:20 AM3/22/22
to max...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
I have faced some issues while I am running future climate data on maxent. Old  version of Future climate data have 19 separate bioclimatic file but the new version of Future climate data which is transformed into SSP have only one Bioclimatic file which I am thinking may be its compressed into one tiff file. So while I am trying to run a future climate model the maxent shows Bio 1.........Bio 18 is missing in your future climate projection directory.

Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue.

With Warm Regards

Surajit

gpo...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2022, 4:01:27 AM3/22/22
to max...@googlegroups.com
Dear Surajit,

Future projections have single TIF file with variables saved as bands
within this file. You can extract them in GIS software or use R:

wc <- brick("/home/milos/Документа/Радови/GIS/Modeling/Originalni
slojevi/wc2.1 future/wc2.1_30s_bioc_HadGEM3-GC31-LL_ssp585_2021-
2040.tif")
for (i in 1:nlayers(wc)){
r <- wc[[1]]
layer <- paste0("~/clim/", "Bio",i,".tif")
writeRaster(r, filename = layer)
}

Best,
Miloš

У уто, 22. 03 2022. у 12:55 +0530, Surajit Hazra пише:
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maxent/CABSBs3DpTEb10owGZyfzC-pZ3cZ0gM90D90qLDytGT0%3D-ndE_Q%40mail.gmail.com
> .

Surajit Hazra

Mar 23, 2022, 1:55:47 AM3/23/22
to max...@googlegroups.com
Dear,
Can You  please tell me How to extract in GIS platform Like ARC GIS, QGIS because I am not too much sounded in R . If there is any video tutorial file is available are also welcome.

Thanks in advance

Surajit

Pritam Chhetri

Mar 23, 2022, 5:32:34 AM3/23/22
to Maxent
Dear Surajit,
The best and only thing you can do is learn to use R. I also had a similar problem. It's not hard if you try.
Regards
Pritam

Surajit Hazra

Mar 25, 2022, 7:00:06 AM3/25/22
to max...@googlegroups.com
Thank You. I made it finally. One of my friend Gafarou wonderfully assist me to Extract the Database.

xiangjun zhou

Apr 30, 2022, 12:40:55 PM4/30/22
to Maxent
can you give your ways

bipana sadadev

Feb 6, 2024, 8:03:37 PMFeb 6
to Maxent
Hi everyone,
I am also doing a projection in future climatic senarios. After you extract the future climatic variables, do you need to check the multicollinearity among the variables again after we do for the present scenarios? And while projecting it to the future scenarios how do we need to put the variables in Maxent? Can you please let me the detail process or steps that we need to do in Maxent for future projection?

Pritam Chhetri

Feb 7, 2024, 1:57:53 AMFeb 7
to Maxent
Hello Bipana,
You don't have to do the multicollinearity again once you did for the current raster. to put the variables you have to put all the files in different folders and give their path in the projection thing. For example if you give the path of GCM 1, 2050, then you have to give a comma and give another path and in the same manner you have to do for all the scenarios.

bipana sadadev

Feb 8, 2024, 12:57:00 PMFeb 8
to Maxent

Hi Pritam,
Thank you so much for the response. I projected for the future as you said however I am getting the blue maps. What do you think might be the reason behind it? The blue maps are in the .html file but when I transfer them to the arc gis, it shows very low probability. How can we solve this problem? My study area is small. When we get the .avg.asc file, that is in grid format, and when we convert ascii to raster and reclassify them based on the selected threshold the final map is also in grid format. How can we fit the grid map to the boundary of our study area? I may have wrong-typed that but how can we create a smooth classified map covering the full boundary of our study area?

Thank you so much.