Adjusting Prevalence(Tau) in maxnet::package in R (NOT JAVA GUI)

­전청옥 / 학생 / 지리학과

Jul 24, 2021, 11:39:18 PM7/24/21
to Maxent
Hi,

I am wondering if there is any R package that can adjust prevalence in Maxnet?
As far as I know, every SDM packages in CRAN is using maxnet(maxent from glmnet reg) or maxent.java GUI one. I can set prevalence in MaxEnt, but seems there is no argument allowed in maxnet package to adjust species prevalence(tau). I've been checked whole code in github but ended up with failing to figure out which part is prevalence setting(supposed to be 0.5 since Java GUI default setting is 0.5).
It would be really thankful if there is anyone who had tried this before in R, rather than Java one.

Have a nice weekend.
THANKS..

JEON

sujata

Jul 26, 2021, 10:14:02 PM7/26/21
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeon,
I havent particularly tried setting prevalence for maxent while running in R but have tried with other parameters change. I gave it as arguments and used the flags given by maxent. If you have maxent GUI installed, click on help button, scroll down and at the very end you will see a big table which has flags/abbreviations/type/default/Meaning listed in the table. Since, there is no clear instructions on setting maxent while running R, I used that table as reference to pass arguments.

Thank you
Regards

전청옥

Jul 28, 2021, 11:03:38 AM7/28/21
to max...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sujata,
Thank you for your help! I've been checked it so far and still not sure about this. Currently only method available is GUI version n click one by one.
I need to model 140 species with different variables n parameters. Hopefully I can find this out soon.

Thanks!

JEON

2021년 7월 27일 (화) 오전 11:14, sujata <suz...@gmail.com>님이 작성:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Maxent" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/maxent/CAK%2Br%3Dar5xwb%3DUSQmKa9HBbPhJ5VbzOBbhjj%3DtY_uke-US5UQTw%40mail.gmail.com.