8 species to model

Sunil Sapkota

Jan 12, 2022, 11:19:58 PM1/12/22
to Maxent
Are there any techniques to run an entropy(ENMeval and Maxent) model for different species with a variable number of presence points?

Cooper Marcus

Jan 12, 2022, 11:43:04 PM1/12/22
to max...@googlegroups.com
Can you just run it eight separate times, once for each species?

On Jan 12, 2022, at 8:20 PM, Sunil Sapkota <sunilsa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Are there any techniques to run an entropy(ENMeval and Maxent) model for different species with a variable number of presence points?

Sunil Sapkota

Jan 14, 2022, 9:43:48 AM1/14/22
to max...@googlegroups.com
ohh my god that is a huge task. thank you so much.

Sunil Sapkota

MSc. Natural Resource Management (Scholar, UMCSAFS)

College of Natural Resources, Punakha, Bhutan.

Founder President

http://raisehandsnepal.org/

gmail signature.jpg

Phone: +97517332805(Bhutan)

            +9779845364525(Nepal)

Skype: huntedbysnakes

Follow me: fb logo gmail.pngYouTube-logo-full_color.pngtwitter logo.pnginstagram-logo-preview-400x400 (1).pnglinkdin logo.png

gpo...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2022, 11:46:55 AM1/14/22
to max...@googlegroups.com
Just use some for loop and let R do the iterrations. Should not be
hard.

У пет, 14. 01 2022. у 20:28 +0545, Sunil Sapkota пише:
> ohh my god that is a huge task. thank you so much.
> Sunil Sapkota
> MSc. Natural Resource Management (Scholar, UMCSAFS)
> College of Natural Resources, Punakha, Bhutan.
>
> Founder President
>
> http://raisehandsnepal.org/
> gmail signature.jpg
> Phone: +97517332805(Bhutan)
>             +9779845364525(Nepal)
> Skype: huntedbysnakes
> Follow me:

Jamie M. Kass

Jul 6, 2022, 8:55:20 PM7/6/22
to Maxent
Just to chime in here, I agree that a for loop is best here. In R, it would take the form:

my.species.filenames <- c("sp1.csv", "sp2.csv", "sp3.csv")
my.species.data <- list()
for (i in 1:length(my.species.filenames)) {
  my.species.data[[i]] <- read.csv(my.species.filenames[i])
}

my.species.results <- list()

for (i in 1:length(my.species.data)) {
  my.species.results[[i]] <- ENMevaluate(my.species.data[i], ...)
}

The results would then be accessible from the list my.species.results.

Jamie