Are worldclim and chelsa layers compatible?

giselav...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2023, 10:27:40 AM3/20/23
to Maxent
Hello everyone,
my query is if the Worldclim and chelsa layers are compatible. I mean, can I model for the current time with the Worldclim layers and for the future use the Chelsa layers, from the model generated with the Wolrdclim layers?

Thank you very much!
Regards

Veronica Andreo

Mar 21, 2023, 7:43:51 AM3/21/23
to Maxent
Hello Gisela,

I'd not recommend to mix data sources like that. I would choose one and stick to it as the future scenarios are based on the present one, and AFAICT, CHELSA and Worldclim are not exactly representing the same time period nor they are based on the same input information. Note that CHELSA also has future scenarios, have a look into the folder climatologies in this link: https://envicloud.wsl.ch/#/?prefix=chelsa%2Fchelsa_V2%2FGLOBAL%2F

Hope that helps
Vero

Gisela Via do Pico

Mar 21, 2023, 8:18:14 AM3/21/23
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Thank you very much Vero!

Gisela M. Via do Pico
Laboratorio de Citogenética y Evolución
Instituto de Botánica del Nordeste (CONICET-UNNE)
Sargento Cabral 2131
Corrientes, Argentina