Confidence intervals in response curves

Ione Arbilla

Jul 27, 2022, 1:35:27 AM7/27/22
to Maxent
Hello all,

I am using the ENMeval package with the maxent. jar algorithm to compute my maxent models and I have a problem with the response curves. Is it possible to calculate the confidence interval and plot them together with the curves? I know that you can easily achieve that when using Maxent software, but for some reason, I can't find a way to do it in ENMeval or dismo.

I also thought about customizing the dismo::response function and to include the c.i calculation, but I have not been successful yet

Any help is appreciated

Cheers everyone,

Ione

Jamie M. Kass

Sep 23, 2022, 7:00:52 PM9/23/22
to Maxent
Ione,

Sorry for the late response. I might be wrong, but I think maxent.jar only plots confidence intervals when you run >1 replicates. ENMeval doesn't run replicates, so you'd need to do this on your own. Once you have them, you could calculate the response curve values for each replicate with x <- dismo::response(m), which assigns the values to the variable x, then get the ranges for confidence intervals to plot with the average response curve. Just an idea, and it would be cool if ENMeval had this functionality in a future version. If you do (or did) customize dismo::response() successfully, please share!

Jamie