This will make you an even more proud PWD owner

PortieDad

Jan 22, 2010, 12:49:17 PM1/22/10
to Maritime PWD Owners
Anna Zizi (69) lay trapped under the ruins of the catholic cathedral
‘Notre Dame de L’Assomption’ in Port-au-Prince for 167 hours – without
food or water. No one heard her cries for help.

She was finally detected by rescue workers with the help of a search
tool.

But the hero of the hour was a German dog from North Rhine-Westphalia
called Pablo.

The four-year-old Portuguese waterdog, the same breed as the Obama’s
dog, had just finished his schooling in Germany before being sent on
his first mission to Haiti.

After arriving in Haiti on Saturday with a team of 14 people from the
‘German Earthquake Rescuers’ he was immediately ordered to come to the
cathedral.

His dog handler Anja Fiedler (42) said: “Pablo barked straight on the
spot where we then found the woman.”

A Mexican rescue team dug for five hours in order to free the woman.
As she was carried to an ambulance, she said: „I’m OK. My leg hurts.“
Her doctors discovered that she had a broken leg, was nearly totally
dehydrated and had damaged her hip.

The German rescue team are proud of their “wonder dog Pablo”. Anja
Friedler said: “Pablo never tires. It’s great to work with him. As a
treat he got a dog biscuit.”