Delete blank rows

gpt1plon

Oct 31, 2015, 2:41:33 AM10/31/15
to MapInfo-L
Hello,

I have a basic tabular table imported from Excel. No graphical data.
There are a few blank rows at the bottom of the table.

How to get rid of those blank rows?
They are bothering me because when I do a group by for example, they will appear in the result as blank
Packing the table is not changing anything.

Thanks

Greg

Oct 31, 2015, 5:40:14 AM10/31/15
to MapInfo-L
Hi,

If you've opened the spreadsheet with a selected range, rather than the entire worksheet, then you could open the associated .tab file in notepad and edit the range ( e.g. A2:H12 -> A2:H10) to remove the blank rows. The other option would be to re-open the spreadsheet and select the range of cells you need.

HTH

Greg

Zery

Oct 31, 2015, 6:09:37 AM10/31/15
to MapInfo-L

Hi, I usually do it from inside Excel. What you have to do is to delete a few last blank rows in the bottom of your last data.

Let say your last data is in row 200, then you must delete row 201 and next. Delete it like how you delete rows in Excel.

This is done in Excel, not MapInfo.

HTH,

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MapInfo-L" group.

Jamie

Oct 31, 2015, 8:19:01 AM10/31/15
to MapInfo-L
You could also do select where col.1 = "" for example to get rid of them.

gpt1plon

Nov 1, 2015, 1:38:35 AM11/1/15
to MapInfo-L
Hello,

Well, I am not controlling the input from the excel file. So if someone has extra rows on his spreadsheet, I will have to deal with that in my code.
I am getting tab file, which I am processing.

Ok, so I understand there is no way to delete those in Mapinfo, right?
In my group by function, I will sort and discard the blank results.

Thanks.

Thomas Bacon

Nov 2, 2015, 3:19:24 AM11/2/15
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Can’t you just add a where clause to your Select statement so that it doesn’t select any blank rows?

e.g. Select * from MyTable where col1 <> “” Group By col1

Tom Bacon

GIS Engineer

Mouchel Consulting | 37-39 Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 3BN

T: 01444 472380  I  www.mouchel.com

Connect with us I follow us on LinkedIn I like us on Facebook I follow us on Twitter I follow us on Google+ I follow us on Instagram

Our values are enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking

Mouchel Limited I Registered in England No. 1686040

Registered Office: Tempsford Hall, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 2BD

Part of the Kier Group

Mouchel Limited (Mouchel) is registered in England and Wales with registered number 01686040 at Export House, Cawsey Way, Woking, Surrey, UK, GU21 6QX.  The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail may be solely those of the author and are not necessarily those of Mouchel. No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Mouchel by means of email communications. Mouchel reserves the right to monitor and intercept emails sent and received on our network.