William Mann Sr. R.S. of Northampton Co.

Shannon Mann

Mar 18, 2007, 3:14:32 PM3/18/07
to Mann Family of Wake, Chatham and Northampton Counties, NC
Hello Group:

I'm a brand new member. I am Shannon Mann of Placitas, New Mexico
great grandson (5th power) to a William Mann Sr. Revolutionary War
soldier born in Northampton County N.C. around 1760. So far I have
traced my Mann line back to him. For some reason most in my immediate
Mann family don't know anything (or care to know much) about this
line, so I am casting a wider net to try and get more information.
According to the research I have done, William served in the
Revolutionary War (not sure for NC or GA) and then applied for bounty
lands in Old Washington County Georgia, later Montgomery, Tattnall and
finally Toombs. I have found references to 3 of his son's burial
places, (David, William Jr. and Henry). I know that he was married to
possibly a Sarah and had a family, then had another with Mary Conover.
My lineage is through one of his sons Daniel James Mann, born 1802 in
Tattnall Co, GA, I assume with his first wife Sarah. Daniel and his
bunch moved on to Florida in 1826 and has been there ever since.

I am hoping that someone is this group will know more about William
Mann Sr., like possibly who his parents were, or a little about Sarah
and her family. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Shannon J. Mann
Placitas, New Mexico
505-771-0126

Clayton Mann

Jan 25, 2009, 4:45:57 PM1/25/09
to MannWakeChath...@googlegroups.com

Shannon, have you participated in any of the DNA testing that is available, like the one at ancestry.com or familytreedna.com?  I or my father are doing to order a test today through Ancestry.  There's Mann in California who's part of the Thomas/Roland Mann family of Chatham who is also.  The records out there for Northampton County are just too sparse it appears in the 18th century to find out much more than we already know.  Let me hear back from you...hopefully a lot sooner than you heard back from me.

Clayton Mann
Burlington, NC

Shannon Mann

Feb 11, 2013, 6:10:58 PM2/11/13
to mannwakechath...@googlegroups.com, Mann Family of Wake, Chatham and Northampton Counties, NC
Group,

This is Shannon J. Mann again and much time and research has passed since I posted this last note in March of 2007.

Since that time I have conducted Y-DNA research on my own Daniel James Mann lineage and have discovered that my line does not link even remotely with the known descendants of William Mann R.S. of Tattnall/Appling Counties GA.

I have proven my known paper trail connection to Daniel J. Mann via a perfect T-DNA 46 marker STR match to Patrick Clifford Mann of Panama City, FL - another known and paper documented descendant of Daniel J. Mann. Myself, and this Patrick and Daniel J. Mann are all haplogroup R1b-DF13 as currently described by Familytreedna.com as of February 2013. More testing will probably refine this further.

Y-DNA testing has shown the known and documented descendants of William Mann R.S. to be of haplogroup T1 - a very distinct group quite different from Daniel's R1b-DF13 above.

So I am back to square one in researching more on Daniel James Mann born 1802 in Georgia, died 1875 in Baker County, Florida.

For those related or interested in this line, please feel free to contact me at mannshannon at gmail dot com.

thanks much and happy hunting,

Shannon J. Mann