Silas Mann, Andrew Mann, Silas Mann, Silas Mann, Richard Mann & John Mann

daniell...@triad.rr.com

Jun 12, 2005, 9:43:17 PM6/12/05
to MannWakeChath...@googlegroups.com
Hello, my name is Danielle and my grandfather is Silas J Mann. The
names listed above are each father over 6 generations in my search for
my genelogy). If any of you have any information or direction you could
offer I would greatly appreciate it. I am getting started and can use
all the help I can get.

Here is what I do know:
I do know all about this generation since my dad and grandmother are
still living.

I know that Andrew Mann was married twice (Mary Williams and
Angieronia) and those marriages produced 6 children (3 girls and 3
boys). I know all of thier names and personally knew all of my great
uncles (Seaton, Newton and my grandfther Silas). I know about the girls
as well and their marriages (Nora, Dora & Cora).

The next Silas Mann was married to Marriette and they had 5 children
(Andrew, Clauinda, Elizabeth, James & Marshall).

All that I know for the next Silas is that he was married to Polly.

Richard Mann was married to Lucy and had 4 children (Silas, Stephen,
Martin & Daniel).

John Mann died in 1789

Clayton Mann

Jun 12, 2005, 10:59:32 PM6/12/05
to MannWakeChath...@googlegroups.com
Silas Mann, son of Silas Mann born circa 1795, was born Nov. 13, 1830 and died Jan. 22, 1887.  He and his wife Hariette are buried in New Elam Christian Church cemetery in Chatham County (near Merry Oaks).  Harriette Holt Mann was born Oct. 3, 1834  and died Oct. 22, 1916.  She was the daughter of George & Elizabeth "Betsy" Johns[t]on Holt.  George Holt was the son of Richard Holt, died December 25, 1837 in Chatham County, and Elizabeth George.  "Betsy" Johnston was the daughter of Charles and Prudence Mann Johnston.  So not only are you member of the Holt clan, but you are a descendant of at least two of Richard Mann's children: Silas, born about 1795 and Prudence born about 1781.

Please join the Holt group (Google Groups) as well.

Clayton

Clayton Mann

Jun 12, 2005, 11:21:49 PM6/12/05
to MannWakeChath...@googlegroups.com
Here's the death certificate of Andrew Jackson Mann, son of Silas and Harriette Holt Mann.

Clayton
MannAndrewJackson-NCDeathCert.jpg

daniell...@triad.rr.com

Jun 18, 2005, 4:02:32 PM6/18/05
to MannWakeChath...@googlegroups.com
Thank you SO much for the information. I am excited about tracking dowm
my Mann roots and now excited about tracking my Holt roots. My family
is deeply rooted in Chatham county no matter how you look at it. Do you
think it would be beneficial to travel to Pittsboro to look up family
records?

daniell...@triad.rr.com

Jun 18, 2005, 4:03:36 PM6/18/05
to MannWakeChath...@googlegroups.com
THANKS! I have added this to my collection and it helped me a great
deal. I had his wif's name as Mary Cythina, but it appears it was
Martha (my grandmother may have remembered a nickname).