Re: Reunion at Christian Chapel Church on the 18th

Clayton Mann

Sep 13, 2005, 10:43:31 PM9/13/05
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com, MannWakeChath...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  You beat me to it as far as letting everyone know about the Cotton-Dickens-Mann-Holt-Woodell Reunion.  The one upcoming is the 56th and begins at 11:00AM.  My father and I went last year and had a very good time.  I recommend you go if you have time and are really interested in your family history.  If you're related to the Holts, Manns, Hollemans, Cottons, Wombles, etc., you'll be related to most of the people there, maybe all.  I may not be able to make it this year, but I'm not certain yet.  If any of you out there are going, please let the rest of us know....it will give those who do go a chance to meet the others face-to-face.

I have photographs of many of the tombstones in the Christian Chapel Cemetery, some from 25 years ago and before at least a couple (Anderson Holt and Merritt Upchurch) fell apart.  Unfortunately, there are many stones that do not have names or dates on them.

Clayton

On 9/13/05, erm...@hotmail.com <erm...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I did get to attend a wonderful church service at Christian Chapel
Church on my recent trip to Chatham County.  There are only 39 members
in the congregation and they are all related.  I had the pleasure of
meeting some Holt cousins and was invited to a Cotton, Dickens, Holt,
Mann, Woodell Reunion which is held on the third Sunday of September
every year.  This yearly reunion has been held since 1949.  The people
at the church were incredibly welcoming and gave me a list of names of
people buried in this cemetery.  There are no dates attached to the
names.  I had already done some searches of the cemetery and had
discovered that the names did not seem to be included in my 2001
edition of the Heiser's book.(They may be included in the newer
edition).  However, if anyone is looking for a particular person, I
will be glad to search this list.

Buddy Woodle

Sep 21, 2005, 8:21:51 AM9/21/05
to Mann Family of Wake, Chatham and Northampton Counties, NC
I do not live in NC. Where did this reunion take place? Who can be
contacted to get info?

clayto...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2005, 11:59:30 AM9/21/05
to Mann Family of Wake, Chatham and Northampton Counties, NC
Buddy, it's the third Sunday in September and its held at Christian
Chapel Christian Church in Chatham County, NC....a little south of the
community of Merry Oaks and old US Highway #1. It starts at 11:00AM.
This year's was the 56th annual, but Janet Goodrich who attended this
year (I was not able to) said attendence was lower than expected. I
think the price of gas had something to do with it. Anyway, it would
be great if more of us could go next year. Janet is the one to contact
about this if you want more information and if you want to be on the
Reunion mailing list. She is a member of this forum.

Clayton

Clayton Mann

Sep 21, 2005, 12:11:51 PM9/21/05
to Mann Family of Wake, Chatham and Northampton Counties, NC
By the way, Janet's husband John is a grandson of Mumford Mann who was a first cousin of my great-grandfather of Lindsay Sanders Mann.  Mumford & Lindsay were grandsons of Martin Mann.

Clayton

Faith Stephens

Sep 21, 2005, 1:01:45 PM9/21/05
to MannWakeChath...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the connection!!!!
Faith (Lindsey's great granddaughter)

Sep 22, 2005, 9:21:29 AM9/22/05
to MannWakeChath...@googlegroups.com, good...@dnet.net
Janet should be able to help.  That's a family I do not know well.

Clayton

good...@dnet.net

Sep 22, 2005, 9:22:14 AM9/22/05
to Mann Family of Wake, Chatham and Northampton Counties, NC
Here are the addresses of the only two Woodell families that we have
addresses for. Lois and Nelson Woodell, 1990-D McCulloch Blvd., Lake
Havasu, AZ 86403. Also Linda Woodell, 323 N. Mason, Apex NC 27502. I
have no idea of the relationship here. I would start with the
Woodells in AZ. Good luck in your search.

Janet Goodrich