Mandala v2 pad not registering on laptop

Chase Boyer

May 15, 2020, 6:10:42 PM5/15/20
to Synesthesia Mandala Drum v2.0 (discontinued)
Pulled mandala out of retirement from a safe place and can't seem to get the pad to register on the laptop. Downloaded the brain and the program seems to be fine but when I go to set the pad there is nothing listed. Went into Device Manager and the pad will show up as 'USB Composite Device' sometimes under Universal Controllers, and sometimes it will pop up under Gaming (still as a Usb Composite) with a yellow indicator on the icon. Opened the brain and tried to set the pad under both circumstances and it still does not list anything. Does anyone have any advice on what to try?

Thanks a lot

Alex

May 16, 2020, 3:40:35 AM5/16/20
to mandal...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The problem is the Mandala doesn't get enough power from the USB port. You must use a powered USB hub (2.0 better than 3.0 in my experience) and try the different ports of the hub until it will appear as Mandala#### under 'Sound, video and game controllers' in the Device Manager window. Once it has been detected, use always the same port.

Best wishes,

Alex