How do I use my Mandala V1 brain with logic 9?

Jens Sejersen

Mar 30, 2015, 6:19:50 AM3/30/15
to mandal...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
I would like to use my Mandala V1 to trigger sounds from within Logic 9. I would also like to use the position ctrl. velocity ctrl. and pedal ctrl. to manipulate various plugin parameters in Logic 9, but I can't really make this work.

Progress so far:
I have connected the Mandala V1's midi out to my midi in on my Emagic AMT 8 interface.
I can trigger sounds within Logic by hitting the pad.

Problem:
How do I assign various plugin parameters in Logic 9 to the position ctrl. velocity ctrl and pedal ctrl on the V1 brain?

When I want to use other control surfaces to manipulate plugin parameters (e.g. a midi keyboard with rotary knobs and sliders) I have no problem assigning these knobs and sliders to specific plugin parameters in Logic 9. I use the following method:
1. I choose Logic Pro --> Preferences --> Control Surfaces --> Controller assigments
2. I then choose the parameter I want to assign to knob/slider by turning the parameter with my mouse.
3. I then turn the knob/slider on the midi keyboard and click "learn". Now I can use this knob/slider to change the parameter in the plugin.

Does the same method apply when I want to assign the parameters in the plugin to the position ctrl. velocity ctrl. and pedal ctrl on the V1 brain, and if so how do I do it?

Hope someone can help me with this problem.

Thanks for your help...

Jens S