v2.0 Minimum Velocity Issue

Alkloihd

Apr 19, 2020, 4:53:51 PM4/19/20
to Synesthesia Mandala Drum v2.0 (discontinued)
Hello Everyone,
I just pulled out my pad to integrate with a new electronic drum kit. STill doesnt' compare to My Mandala pad.

Having an issue with the velocity where the minimum velocity registered is 28, (it doesn't go down to 1)

All notes when I play in Ableton register as a minimum of 28, and the same goes for Control Burst.

Anyone know a way to reset this so I can restore full velocity range?

NOTE: I think this happened after I used the Mandala drum Converter software, which I guess I should not have done...

Any help would be appreciated!

Mandala Drum

Apr 19, 2020, 5:02:47 PM4/19/20
to Synesthesia Mandala Drum v2.0 (discontinued)
Are you using a Mandala v2? It's the one with a purple rim. If so, the velocity has a minimum output of 25 as coded into a velocity curve in the firmware. This is because most samples are barely audible below a trigger with velocity 25 and we wanted to start the curve in the audible range. The Mandala v2 does output a MIDI continuous controller (#2) however which is the true velocity data and has the full range (1-127). You can assign that to whatever parameter you'd like. Also, in Ableton you could make a transformer or a velocity curve that translates the curved velocity (25-127) back to full range (1-127).