The Mangnitude of the tourism industry in colleges and universities in malaysia

5 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

risa

ongelezen,
2 sep 2006, 01:25:2802-09-2006
aan Malaysia Students

I am hoping someone can, answer me a question, so many people are
commenting terribly on the equality of education in Malaysia and the
racist situation among and with and from exchange / international
students. Are these problems extremely inflicting or is it a matter of
one's own dedication without mind.
The reason is, I really do want to study in Malaysia i was thinking of
doing Tourism Management through Limkowking or Taylor's College, but so
many bad reviews had shown over time, I'm second guessing. Can someone
shed light on these questions please?

THANK YOU
N.J.

Malaysia Students

ongelezen,
5 sep 2006, 03:14:5405-09-2006
aan Malaysia Students
Hello Nerissa Ganesan,

I feel a sense of blind leading the deaf by commenting on the issues
you have raised, but anyway, something's better than nothing. Firstly,
my elder brother has enrolled in a private college in Malaysia,
Flamingo (google search it) before and finished his diploma in Culinary
Arts there. Actually, my brother first choice is Taylor's college but
due to the relatively more expensive tuition fee, he chose Flamingo
(which is located in Ampang, Selangor) instead. As far as I know,
Taylor is a famous college having the good reputation.

About the international students, in my brother's case, Korean boys and
girls in the college seemed to adapt themselves very good in Malaysia,
there's no racist issue according to my brother. But bear in mind that
racist problems do happen in Malaysia, whether in certain schools,
colleges, universities or working places.

About the competitive area of education, it's happening in public
universities and not private college. In Malaysia, many students
especially the non-natives (non-Malays) including Chinese and Indians
have to fight for governmental scholarships, places in public
universities, etc. Those who fail to secure a place in public
universities can go to private colleges where they pay the relatively
higher tuition fees and get their diplomas/degrees there.

P.S. Since you have married to a Malaysian husband, I think he can
certainly help you regarding these issues. And sorry, I can't join your
forum since I am very busy with my academic life, team blog
(http://malaysian-students.blogspot.com), and Malaysia Students forum.

Best wishes,
Cupid9 from http://malaysian-students.blogspot.com

Allen beantwoorden