The End, New Start

1 view

Malaysia Students

Jul 27, 2006, 9:34:53 AM7/27/06
to Malaysia Students
[This post was posted by BoonBox, a new contributor of Malaysia
Students Blog http://malaysian-students.blogspot.com]

Hi, I am the new contributors for MS. Nice to be here to guide you all.
I've been typing a lot of stuff but it all went disappeared after some
disconnection. =.="

This is Boon Ming. My nickname is BooNBoX and usually appear in CARI
Chinese Forum and O2Jam community but I know it's good to help other
people and that's why I am here !! I'm here to help so any questions
you can just ask me through my email sherlock2...@yahoo.com .
Don't spam me, haha...

I am leaving to Singapore tomorrow night to do my Materials Engineering
at Nanyang Technological University. Hehe .. curious ? Wanna ask why I
chose Singapore ? Wondering whether I got scholarship ? Well, don't be
so furious cause I am going to tell you all that later. This time I
would like to touch more on Singapore's universities.

Overall Singapore has 3 universities which are National University of
Singapore (NUS - 24th World Ranking), Nanyang Technological University
(NTU - 46th World Ranking) and SMU (business/management courses).

What courses available for each university ?
NUS - Wide range of courses, but it's the only place offering medicine,
dentistry, pharmacy and law course which are quite hard (not
impossible) to get.

NTU - Offering mostly engineering courses, and wide range including
business, education, pure science and more.

SMU - This is a university based on business and management courses.

Who can enroll ? How good do I need to be ??
The most acceptable pre-university examination would be A-level, STPM
and UEC (for Malaysian students). There are also students who enrolled
with diploma from Polytechnic.

Well, the admission requirement in Singapore is not that clear. (Same
like IPTA but/or they choose the best) The consideration for admission
is solely depends on your academic (but they do ask you to provide
extra curicular results). Honestly, for STPM holders, you need to be
academically well, at least with CGPA 3.6/3.7 or at least 3As ... I
earned my letter of offer with 3As and 1B+ CGPA 3.83. But to be
eligible for the ASEAN scholarship or NTU scholarship, you need to be
EXCEPTIONALLY WELL (from what i know, you need to be straight As
student). However, you may try your luck. Who knows that they could be
choosing anyone they like ?

Well i guess that's all for today's post. Will try to give updates from
campus later. By the way, I got offer from NTU, USM (Kejuruteraan
Elektronik) and NUS (Science). I've taken SAT II and planning to have
my SAT I later in October. For your info, SAT is the requirement tests
for USA University entrance.