[Motion] Purchase replacement boards for the RenderSphere

1 view

Nick Rapoport

Mar 12, 2016, 3:08:15 PM3/12/16
to Make...@googlegroups.com

MOTION

Spend $410.00 max to purchase replacement distribution board (6 units) for Rendersphere in time for Propeller Festival.

DISCUSSION

We need to replace a failing distribution board on the Rendersphere. I designed a replacement board for the sphere and priced out with PCBNG. They will populate the SMD components as well. Simplifying no end. They are doing us a huge favor for creating  the 6 boards for a total of $260.00 plus $10 for shipping. The components for the board will cost no more than 140.00 total for the six boards. So we are asking for $410.00 (max).  We need a decision today (Monday) to be able to make the propeller festival.

Fixed Costs:

PCBNG:                                $270.00

SMD Components :         $20.59 (Digi-key prices)

The rest of the components are mostly headers and can be purchased cheaper than what we can get from Digi-key.

Please refer to the attached Bill of materials for details (look at the Calc sheet).

To see what the new board will look like : here are some 3D files and a gif:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s4vk3xccpldlcq8/AAASzlsDF9m3wozD7EsPW6iDa?dl=0

Thanks,

Nick Rapoport

nrap...@hotmail.com

(917) 848 - 9278 (Cell)

(201) 943 - 3395 (Home Office)

BOM.xlsx

Lowry, Michael

Mar 12, 2016, 4:38:50 PM3/12/16
to Make...@googlegroups.com
I think that this is a cool project and it is a great local opportunity to put MakerBar on display.

I would first like to put out to the community to at least raise as much funding as we can to get this off the ground. We have accomplished a lot of great things through the help of many people pitching in.

Sent from Gmail Mobile