Re: [MakerBar] Digest for MakerBar@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

1 view

Andy Fundinger

Mar 12, 2016, 10:22:51 PM3/12/16
to Digest recipients
This seems to be on the public rather than member-only list.

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 8:30 PM <Make...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Nick Rapoport <nrap...@hotmail.com>: Mar 12 03:08PM -0500

MOTION

Spend $410.00 max to purchase replacement distribution board (6 units) for
Rendersphere in time for Propeller Festival.

DISCUSSION

We need to replace a failing distribution board on the Rendersphere. I
designed a replacement board for the sphere and priced out with PCBNG. They
will populate the SMD components as well. Simplifying no end. They are doing
us a huge favor for creating the 6 boards for a total of $260.00 plus $10
for shipping. The components for the board will cost no more than 140.00
total for the six boards. So we are asking for $410.00 (max). We need a
decision today (Monday) to be able to make the propeller festival.

Fixed Costs:

PCBNG: $270.00

SMD Components : $20.59 (Digi-key prices)

The rest of the components are mostly headers and can be purchased cheaper
than what we can get from Digi-key.

Please refer to the attached Bill of materials for details (look at the Calc
sheet).

To see what the new board will look like : here are some 3D files and a gif:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s4vk3xccpldlcq8/AAASzlsDF9m3wozD7EsPW6iDa?dl=0

Thanks,

Nick Rapoport

nrap...@hotmail.com

(917) 848 - 9278 (Cell)

(201) 943 - 3395 (Home Office)
"Lowry, Michael" <mt...@njit.edu>: Mar 12 04:38PM -0500

I think that this is a cool project and it is a great local opportunity to
put MakerBar on display.

I would first like to put out to the community to at least raise as
much funding
as we can to get this off the ground. We have accomplished a lot of great
things through the help of many people pitching in.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Nick Rapoport

Mar 13, 2016, 12:28:15 AM3/13/16
to Make...@googlegroups.com

I tried sending to mem...@makerbar.com and it got rejected …

Nick Rapoport

nrap...@hotmail.com

(917) 848 - 9278 (Cell)

(201) 943 - 3395 (Home Office)

Nick Rapoport

Mar 13, 2016, 12:23:39 PM3/13/16
to Make...@googlegroups.com

What is the member only email for the list?

Nick Rapoport

nrap...@hotmail.com

(917) 848 - 9278 (Cell)

(201) 943 - 3395 (Home Office)