Report Cards and Special Ed

Paul Meinersmann

Oct 23, 2023, 8:36:42 AM10/23/23
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
How do folks manage report cards for kids in special ed?  We're using IC for report cards for the first time for K-5 and I'm getting lots of questions from folks about how to handle this.  I believe that the SPED staff have historically just submitted a separate report around IEP goals (we don't have IEPs in IC).

Any and all guidance/suggestions welcome!

Thank you,
Paul

Paul Meinersmann

Technology & Makerspace Director

St. George Municipal School Unit

65 Main St, PO BOX 153

Tenants Harbor, ME 04860

mobile: 207-975-3043

school: 207-372-6312

Pronouns: he/him/his

William Backman

Oct 23, 2023, 8:39:11 AM10/23/23
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Things do get a little more complicated if students are pulled out for certain subjects, and those teachers don't have a separate course in IC, but they want to add grades to IC. You either have to make them a secondary teacher, or they just need to send the grades to the teacher assigned to the students's courses.

Will Backman
Director of Technology for the schools of Vassalboro, Waterville, Winslow

"The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed.." –William Gibson

Nancy Embry

Oct 23, 2023, 8:42:55 AM10/23/23
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We make separate Individualized courses with the case manager as the teacher.  For kids in
some co-taught courses, we have a process in place wherein it's identified in the IEP what
'meeting' looks like for a specific student.  Might be a 2.5 instead of a 3.0 within the regular
classroom. Explained, documented etc. including Class Comments in JumpRope.

On Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 8:36 AM 'Paul Meinersmann' via MaineICUsersGroup <MaineICU...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Nancy Embry

Data Systems Manager
Kittery School District