From: maineicu...@googlegroups.com <maineicu...@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Andrew Wallace
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 3:56 PM
To: MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Subject: resolving attendance at end of the day

CAUTION: This email originated from a server outside of the Sanford School Department. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and absolutely know the content is safe.

Does anyone have a simple guide for the task an attendance clerk might do at the end of the day to turn all "unknown" absences to "unexcused"

We've lost some institutional knowledge here and want to re-establish some best practices.

thanks!

Nancy Embry

未讀,
2023年9月13日 下午4:17:082023/9/13
收件者:MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Funny you should say that.  We are doing exactly the same thing here.  They are not enjoying it,
by the way!

Nancy Embry

Data Systems Manager
Kittery School District
207-439-2572  Ext. 108
nem...@kitteryschools.com

Nancy Embry

未讀,
2023年9月13日 下午4:20:042023/9/13
收件者:MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Attendance Wizard; found my one kid and made the correction and filled down in the bottom of the window:

image.png

On Wed, Sep 13, 2023 at 3:56 PM Andrew Wallace <andrewtw...@gmail.com> wrote:

William Backman

未讀,
2023年9月14日 上午8:47:182023/9/14
收件者:MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We have a script that runs and converts these for us.

William Backman

未讀,
2023年9月18日 清晨7:20:312023/9/18
收件者:MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
In the task scheduler, we run this script at the end of the day. The excuse ID and calendar ID need to be updated at the start of the year (need to improve that!)  This will only touch a record if there are no comments or excuse.  We did this because a kid would be absent on Thursday, when they came in on Friday, they say they forgot the note to excuse their absence, Monday rolls around and the student never had a note but the attendance clerk would have to remember to go back through previous days, etc.  So if any absence is untouched, this will flip it to unexcused (your excuseID will be different).

update attendance
set excuse = 'U', excuseID = '2207', comments = 'auto-reconcile daily'
where calendarID = '150' and status = 'A' and comments IS NULL and excuse IS NULL
--
Will Backman
Director of Technology for the schools of Vassalboro, Waterville, Winslow

"The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed.." –William Gibson
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息