latest version of IC

Andrew Wallace

Feb 14, 2024, 4:41:36 PMFeb 14
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon - IC would like us to update to the latest version (we have a server on site so can defer a little). We aren't opposed to updating, but wonder are there any major changes that might impact users? Anything you wish you knew about before, or anything you wish they hadn't changed, or anything that is super exciting and features of value?

thanks! - Andy

Jason Tozer

Feb 14, 2024, 5:36:09 PMFeb 14
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
What version are you currently using?

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 4:41 PM Andrew Wallace <andrewtw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good afternoon - IC would like us to update to the latest version (we have a server on site so can defer a little). We aren't opposed to updating, but wonder are there any major changes that might impact users? Anything you wish you knew about before, or anything you wish they hadn't changed, or anything that is super exciting and features of value?

thanks! - Andy

Jenn Berry

Feb 14, 2024, 7:31:59 PMFeb 14
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
We are waiting for the update to fix the grading tab. When they did the last update it made GPA and class rank visible to all without being able to use permissions to limit who could see it. We also discovered a problem in the walk-in Scheduler when trying to end a future course that this update supposedly has the fix for as well. I got the email from them yesterday that this new version contains both.

The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments from any computer.

Zachary Beaulieu

Feb 15, 2024, 9:06:31 AMFeb 15
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
When we upgraded in December for the latest CRDC reporting features we received an undocumented change on the teachers interface to the 'New Look'. There is no path back.
We didn't mind the change but having no warning was pretty disruptive to our teachers at the close of a quarter. We had no opportunity to update them about learning a new interface. If you don't have the December patch in place yet, you'll want to read up on the interface changes and give your school staff a heads up.

Regards,

Zachary J Beaulieu
Data and Reporting Manager
Portland Public Schools
353 Cumberland Ave, Portland ME 04101

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 4:41 PM Andrew Wallace <andrewtw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good afternoon - IC would like us to update to the latest version (we have a server on site so can defer a little). We aren't opposed to updating, but wonder are there any major changes that might impact users? Anything you wish you knew about before, or anything you wish they hadn't changed, or anything that is super exciting and features of value?

thanks! - Andy

*** Please Note: ***
This E-mail and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Portland Public Schools.