Immunizations

Wallace, Andrew

May 7, 2018, 12:07:07 PM5/7/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon - I had a request from our nurses around immunizations. Does anyone know anything about this change and/or pending fixes or work arounds that are not onerous?

The laws for required immunizations have changed since we first started with IC. The reporting component of the program does not cover the new requirements such that, we can enter the info, but if we try to print compliance reports (as we are able to do with the older requirements), the info is not captured. We did a work around to try to get a report for this spring as we have to send notices to families of incoming 7th and 12th grade changes. The work around is cumbersome-we are wondering/hoping that an update is anticipated that would address this. Have you heard anything on this subject?
Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this message (including any attachments) may contain privileged and/or confidential information protected from disclosure by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. Any disclosure of the document is strictly prohibited outside the scope of the service for which you are receiving the information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.

William Backman

May 7, 2018, 12:11:59 PM5/7/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Our nurses pushed to go with a different product back in 2014, and one of the reasons is because they felt that IC didn't track immunization compliance properly. I wonder if there are even more recent changes, or this is the same issue.

Will Backman
Director of Technology
Kennebec Valley Consolidated Schools - AOS92.org
Vassalboro - Waterville - Winslow

"The future is already here – it's just not evenly distributed.." –William Gibson

Ramona Bennett

May 7, 2018, 12:51:59 PM5/7/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Starting next year the are new "physical requirements" for just going to school.  It is no longer just attached to sports.
Ramona L. Bennett
RSU 24 Data Manager
2165 US Highway 1
Sullivan, ME  04664

Wallace, Andrew

May 7, 2018, 12:58:13 PM5/7/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
thanks Will - do you know what they use and if they love it? Or better yet, maybe a contact person in your nurse department soI can send mine to talk w them?

Anyone else struggling w IC Immunizations? I had heard no complaints until recently

Assuming you can catch a nurse with a free moment, you could try our nurse at the Waterville Senior High School. wshs.aos92.org

Sent: Monday, May 07, 2018 12:11 PM
To: MaineICUsersGroup@googlegroups.com

Nancy Embry

May 7, 2018, 1:22:58 PM5/7/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Ramona,

Can you point me to where this info. is about physicals?

Thanks!

Nancy Embry

Data Systems Manager
Kittery School Department
207 439-2572  Ext. 108

nem...@kitteryschools.com

Ramona Bennett

May 7, 2018, 1:57:18 PM5/7/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
My mistake on the physicals, there are new vaccines that are required.
NEW MCV4 School Immunization Requirement FAQ_updated (1) (1).pdf
tdap faq sheet new rule.pdf

Katie Gourley

May 7, 2018, 2:05:36 PM5/7/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I haven't touched this one yet, but for the last one they changed I had to go in to system admin and put in the new rules for that vaccine before it would report correctly.

Katie

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 12:45 PM, Wallace, Andrew <A...@spsd.org> wrote:
thanks Will - do you know what they use and if they love it? Or better yet, maybe a contact person in your nurse department soI can send mine to talk w them?

Anyone else struggling w IC Immunizations? I had heard no complaints until recently

Sam Iggulden

May 14, 2018, 9:08:38 AM5/14/18
to MaineICUsersGroup

There is a new Meningococcal vaccine (code: MCV4) requirement for Maine Schools, that goes into effect next year, and which was just "finalized" in April (whatever that means... see copy/pasted email from DOE below).

I had tried to create the immunization rules myself using IC's interface, but it's not intuitive and IC recommends having them do it... so I sent the new rules to IC, and they replied they were aware but were awaiting confirmation from the state.  Then by 4/16, I think they got what they needed from the state and they sent my case (673249) onto development.

I am not sure when we will get the new vaccine rule in our local systems, but at least the process has begun.

The changes to Chapter 126/261 have gone through the Final Adoption stage.  Additional materials will be forthcoming, but I wanted to announce it to you as soon as possible, since you have been patiently waiting.

Changes to the joint rule include:

*Definition of “disease” includes meningococcal meningitis

*updating the list of medical contraindications to MCV4 that can serve as medical exemption

*updating vaccine dosage requirements to include one dose of MCV4 for entry into 7th grade, and if the first dose is not administered on or after the 16th birthday, a second dose prior to entry to grade 12.

Effective Date of Final Adoption-May 10, 2018 (for the start of school, fall 2018)

Katie Gourley

May 14, 2018, 9:43:36 AM5/14/18
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update!