Help with AdHoc SQL pass-through queries for Honor Roll?

Aaron Morrow

Jul 26, 2022, 12:35:02 PM7/26/22
to MaineICUsersGroup
I'm trying to run a SQL pass through query to get the list of students who ended the year with all As for the Honor Roll. It's one of the example queries that IC gives HERE

Our courses are set up with 4 Grading Tasks: Semester, Work Habits, Progress Report 1, and Progress Report 2. All of the grading assignments go under Semester, all of the non-graded check-ins go under Work Habits, and PR1&2 are post-only and posted from Semester for report card purposes.

Back to the SQL: My problem comes when I use 'Semester' in the GradingTask name. I get a list of only about a dozen students, which is way too short. When I look at the students, they are students that got A in EVERYTHING, not just Semester Grading Task. Work Habits and PR1&2 are all As across the board.

When I was testing and changed the GradingTask name to "Progress Report 1", the report works as expected - I get a list of ~95 students who all had an A on their Progress Report 1, regardless of what the PR2, Semester, or Work Habit grades ended up at.

This is happening on both the "A Honor Roll" and the "AB Honor Roll but not all A" SQL that IC gives us. I thought it might be the name of my Grading Task, but when I go into the sandbox and change the Grading Task Name and corresponding SQL pull, it still pulls the same list of 12 students.

Pulling my hair out, and I got admin and families hounding me for Honor Roll, so any help would be appreciated.

Lawrence B Dodge

Jul 26, 2022, 3:50:53 PM7/26/22
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron - I may be able to be helpful if no one else has helped you
figure it out yet. Connect to me off-group at La...@Exetec.biz.

Andrew McDonough

Feb 14, 2024, 12:58:46 PMFeb 14
to MaineICUsersGroup
Hey Lawrence, oddly enough I came on here to find info for the exact same issue and Aaron Morrow (OP) is my predecessor, were you and he able to get it figured out by any chance?

Matt Frey-Davis

Feb 14, 2024, 2:24:18 PMFeb 14
to MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Aaron and I corresponded about this at the time and I think we have something that worked for him.  Shoot me a message at mfrey...@rsu1.org and I'm happy to forward our messages to you and catch you up with what we worked out.

Matt Frey-Davis
SIS Manager
RSU1

The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments from any computer.