Just...having troubles getting started

drukepple

Oct 10, 2009, 8:46:47 PM10/10/09
to MacFusion-devel
So, I download MacFUSE, installed, restarted.

I downloaded Macfusion, installed, added an FTP server, and I'm
getting this:

Could not mount filesystem: Mount process has terminated unexpectedly

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Most of the information about MacFuse/
ion seems to assume one is already an ubergeek, which, while I try to
be, I am not.

I can say for certain that the FTP settings entered into the "Edit"
window are correct; I quadruple checked them against my working FTP
client. I'm really not sure what to put into the "Macfusion" portion
of the Edit window...I tried the defaults, I tried specifying a Mount
Point within my home directory, I tried checking the two options...

Sorry, I feel like a total noob, but I thought filesystem-level access
to FTP would be pretty gnarly, so I gave this a go...and clearly I'm
in over my head.

I'm running 10.5.8 on a 8-core Mac Pro. I have Macfusion 2.0.3 and
MacFUSE 2.0.3.2 installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Anthony

Oct 15, 2009, 11:41:07 AM10/15/09
to MacFusion-devel
I too have the same error. I am on a macbook pro, OS 10.6.1; 2.26 GHz
Core 2 Duo, 2 GB DDR3, ... all that good stuff. I just set this up to
try to make my server mounting management simpler. I am getting the
error that claims I can't mount. I would love some help getting this
up. Or at least understanding why I have no success.

Thanks

Khürt Williams

Oct 20, 2009, 7:55:54 AM10/20/09
to MacFusion-devel
I have the latest release of MacFUSE and MacFusion 2 on OS X 10.6 and
get the same error. I'm not a noob or ubergeek. So let me poke
around. I'm sure it's something as simple as "install this unstable
beta version and it should work .. most of the time".

Graham Perrin

Oct 21, 2009, 5:27:52 PM10/21/09
to MacFusion-devel
Mac OS X 10.6.x is considerably different from 10.5.x.

An answer that's good for the original poster (using 10.5.8 with a
specific version of MacFUSE) may be no good for others (using 10.6.1
with an unspecified version of MacFUSE) (using 10.6 with an
unspecified version of MacFUSE).

ch0sen0ne

Dec 14, 2009, 12:07:39 AM12/14/09
to MacFusion-devel
I am also on 10.5.8 and am having the same error as the original
poster.

Has anyone gotten a fix for this or know what might be the issue?

sxm20

Jan 7, 2010, 6:13:29 PM1/7/10
to MacFusion-devel
I got the same error on MacFusion. So I decided to try out the command
line version. I realized that the command line version requires dir
option.
/sshfs-static-leopard [user@]host:[dir] mountpoint [options]

So, I added the same in the MacFusion and it WORKED!.

[I had already run this command: rm /Applications/Macfusion.app/
Contents/PlugIns/sshfs.mfplugin/Contents/Resources/sshnodelay.so ]

-Shailesh