MacFusion missing features

Aslan

Feb 22, 2010, 12:59:07 AM2/22/10
to MacFusion-devel
I just installed MacFUSE and MacFusion. Somehow i think i didn't get
all of the features advertised on the first page. for instance i do
not see the option to chose the public/private key authentication
method. I am using mac and installed the latest versions of MacFuse
and MacFusion any hint or help is appriciated

Aslan

Michael Gorbach

Feb 23, 2010, 2:35:06 PM2/23/10
to MacFusion-devel
Public/private key authentication should "just work" because Mac OS X
keeps the private key and its passphrase stored in your keychain.
If you can connect to your server via ssh from terminal using public/
private keys, Macfusion should be able to do the same.

~ M.

Aslan

Feb 23, 2010, 3:09:40 PM2/23/10
to MacFusion-devel
The way i ssh to my server is something like
ssh -i id_my_key name@server
so i pass the -i flag and the path to the file that contains the key.

1) How can i do the same with MacFusion ?
2) Is the Authentication method drop down removed from the new version
of MacFusion ?

Aslan

Michael Gorbach

Feb 23, 2010, 3:14:50 PM2/23/10
to MacFusion-devel
You would need to set up the equivalent to the -i flag in ~/.ssh/
config. Macfusion will pick that up.

~ M.

Aslan

Feb 23, 2010, 4:00:54 PM2/23/10
to MacFusion-devel
"You would need to set up the equivalent to the -i flag in ~/.ssh/
config."

can you please elaborate?
considering that this is not my only key pair and there are bunch of
keys under .ssh?