Problem installing Fusion 3.0

Triadage

Jan 14, 2010, 10:28:10 AM1/14/10
to MacFusion-devel
Howdy:

I'm a college student and have an academic account with VMWare, and I
tried downloading Fusion 3, and it says on the VMWare website that the
system requirements are a minimum of OS X 10.4.11, which my macbook
is, but when I downloaded the software itself, it said it requires
10.5 Leopard or 10.6 Snow Leopard or later editions of Mac.

My question would be twofold:
1: Is there a way to force install Fusion 3 on Mac OS X 10.4.11? Has
anyone else had this problem?

2: I cannot find a previous version of Fusion on the VMWare webstore.
Is there any way to download Fusion 2?

Any help would be appreciated. I need Fusion so I can run an operating
system that will allow me to program C++ on my laptop for a class, and
I've spent literally the last three days trying different ways of
getting C++ compilers onto my laptop. (XCode is apparently written for
a newer version of Mac as well–go figure...) It's gotten pretty
frustrating recently, and I would *love* for Fusion to work out if
there is any way for that to happen.

drukepple

Jan 16, 2010, 1:44:02 AM1/16/10
to MacFusion-devel
Hi. Unfortunately, this is a list for macfusion, a GUI for Google's
MacFUSE project which allows one to mount various drives. This is
completely unrelated to VMWare Fusion which virtualizes windows on the
Mac. So, you're unfortunately asking in the wrong place.

http://www.macfusionapp.org/

That being said, you may want to try out Sun's Virtual Box, as it's
virtualization software and free. It might run on your set up... I
couldn't find info on their site about supported mac os versions

http://www.virtualbox.org/

hope that helps

rashantha de silva

Jan 15, 2010, 9:34:23 AM1/15/10
to macfusi...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 14, 2010, at 7:28 AM, Triadage wrote:

> 2: I cannot find a previous version of Fusion on the VMWare webstore.
> Is there any way to download Fusion 2?

You can get Fusion2 online for other retailers such amazon.

What type of MacBook do you have?
Check the processor

Also you can try http://www.virtualbox.org/ it's free.

Good luck