Rasberry Pi

Watson, Keith

Nov 3, 2011, 2:07:23 PM11/3/11
to much...@googlegroups.com
Here's a collection of info on the Raspberry Pi. I checked their website the other day and production is going to be delayed so they should come out in December 2011.

So why is this important? How about XBMC front end to your MythTV box that does 1080P or NTSC out for only $35.

Raspberry Pi: Tiny Computer That Runs Linux
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/raspberry-pi-tiny-computer-runs-linux

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3odp49x

Cost will be between $25 and $35.

Raspberry Pi home page
http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Raspberry Pi at Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

Raspberry Pi might not be vaporware
http://hackaday.com/2011/08/26/raspberry-pi-might-not-be-vaporware/

Here are more technical details on the Raspberry Pi.
http://elinux.org/RaspberryPiBoard

The Raspberry Pi will support General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO), I2C, I2S, SPI
http://elinux.org/RaspberryPiBoard#General_Purpose_Input.2FOutput_.28GPIO.29.2C_I2C.2C_I2S.2C_SPI

One of the big deals is that the Raspberry Pi will do 1080P natively and the HDMI interface will include audio.

Here is a demonstration of the Raspberry Pi running Quake III.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_mDuJuvZjI

Here is an alpha version of the Raspberry Pi running full 1080P HD - warning the audio is very load
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgR74Kp6Ws4

The Raspberry Pi will also support composite out.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/?page_id=8

So how about a $35 DVR

Raspberry Pi - DIY Media Player
http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5247

Third-party forks and derivative work of XBMC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBMC#Third-party_forks_and_derivative_work_of_XBMC

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3ufy49h

keith

--

Keith R. Watson Georgia Institute of Technology
IT Support professional Lead College of Computing