RE: [MUCH MythTV Users and Creators ..] Any success stories out there with the Raspberry Pi?

Watson, Keith

Feb 12, 2013, 7:33:09 AM2/12/13
to MUCH...@googlegroups.com, H P Ladds
Warrenm

I sent email to the list admin. Apparently as an admin on a Google group you can't change a list members attributes. If we were running our own list server we could do this but I guess Google groups don't allow this.

You will have to subscribe with a new address and when the mail to the old address starts bouncing the list will automatically unsubscribe it.

keith

--

Keith R. Watson Georgia Institute of Technology
IT Support Professional Lead College of Computing

Watson, Keith

Feb 12, 2013, 7:45:12 AM2/12/13
to MUCH...@googlegroups.com
Warren,

I had issues with XBMC and my MythTV backend. When using XBMC to watch certain videos whenever I would try to skip ahead or back the video playback would exit and go back to the selection screen. This made it impossible to manually skip over commercials.

I record over the air using a SiliconDust box. If I try to remove commercials from a recording or transcode it, and the recording has any dropouts, the video and audio get out of sync. The simplest solution is to keep the raw recording and manually skip the commercials like on a TiVo.

I haven't tried the latest version of XBMC, it might have fixed the problem.

I never figured out what the problem was with XBMC and why it didn't like certain recordings so I use the MythTV frontend on a laptop connected to the TV to watch videos. Eventually I want to use a Raspberry PI and XBMC as the front end instead of the laptop.

I'm in the same boat as you. If the new XBMC isn't compatible with my MythTV setup I really don't want to upgrade a functional MythTV system if I don't have to. I may just stick with using my laptop and the MythTV frontend.