Chat with moocoders

Kelly Sommers

Jan 2, 2019, 9:51:18 AM1/2/19
to MOO Talk
Hiya all and happy new year :)

My name is Kelly Sommers and when I was a little girl in the early 90’s I stumbled upon MOO’s because a friend told me about this Star Trek game they were playing. I got so into it I even got a programmer bit and started creating space ships and weapons lol. This was my first introduction to computer programming.

Fast forward to current day and I’m a computer programmer as my day job and I’ve made a pretty good life for myself. I think moo coding got me really excited about the things I could create with my imagination.

Last week I went on a twitter rant about moo’s as I was reminiscing with followers about BBS’s etc and MOO’s came up. I decided to spin up a Moo server and play around and 35 people from Twitter signed into my MOO server! Playing around with it is bringing back a lot of memories.

I want to re-learn how to write moo code and experiment. I’ve setup a EtaMOO server using a JHCore core.

I was wondering if there’s an IRC or Discord chat I could join to chat with other moocoders? I would really love a place to chat and learn from experienced people :) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just Johnny

Jan 2, 2019, 12:34:21 PM1/2/19
to MOO Talk
I just sent you a slack invite to The MUD Coder's Guild slack. It's a great place to talk to other MOO/MUD coders. Great to see an experienced coder getting back into it!

Brendan B

Jan 8, 2019, 8:08:13 PM1/8/19
to MOO Talk
I feel like we might need to ask Mud Coders Guild to create a #moo-coding channel at this point! Good number of MOO Coders on there. Kelly, hope to see you on there, feel free to message me if you join 'Brendan' is my nick on the Slack.

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 12:34:21 PM UTC-5, Johnny from Sindome wrote:
I just sent you a slack invite to The MUD Coder's Guild slack. It's a great place to talk to other MOO/MUD coders. Great to see an experienced coder getting back into it!

Matthew Duhan

Jan 8, 2019, 9:17:50 PM1/8/19
to Brendan B, MOO Talk
Can others get an invite as well please? I’d love to chat with other MOO coders.

Sincerely,
Matthew

Brendan B

Jan 9, 2019, 9:08:24 PM1/9/19
to MOO Talk
Yes! It is open to all. There is a slack auto inviter thing, just head to: https://slack.mudcoders.com/ and you can get your invite. Anyone toiling away in MOO/MUD/MUSH/etc is welcome.

Brendan B

Jan 9, 2019, 9:20:13 PM1/9/19
to MOO Talk
There is now a #coding-moo channel on there if anyone joins!