tell verbs and conversation

Kevin Struska

Jun 17, 2019, 10:07:42 AM6/17/19
to MOO Talk
HI,
I'm trying to make a tell verb on an object that picks up conversation. I was thinking of doing...
stuff = tostr(@args);
I want to pick up everything after the word says, and then use $string_utils:words to split it up, and then I'll take care of doing other stuff. So could I do like:
if ($string_utils:match_string(stuff, "* says, "*""))
How could I make a variable that says I want everything picked up after the second star?

Littlefield, Tyler

Jun 17, 2019, 10:09:58 AM6/17/19
to Kevin Struska, MOO Talk
Why not just use events? Make says, emotes, etc trigger events on the room and then have NPCS and etc pick up those events by simply having a verb like event_say on them. Then you don't have to strip off the "tells" portion, etc.
HTH,

Kevin Struska

Jun 17, 2019, 2:01:01 PM6/17/19
to ty...@tysdomain.com, MOO Talk

Could you give me an example of what capturing conversation might look like if I was to add event_say?