Issue when compiling gamma moo

Haily Merry

Nov 26, 2021, 3:02:39 PM11/26/21
to moo-...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I have no idea what any of this means, but I was wondering if anyone
here might. I get this after typing make. Could I possibly be missing
some dependancy or other? I've tried a few different versions with the
same result, so I don't think this is a problem with a specific version.

 make: *** [Makefile:96: moo] Error 1

Thanks in advance.

Wolfgang Faust

Nov 26, 2021, 8:48:12 PM11/26/21
to Haily Merry, MOO Talk
No idea about gamma specifically, but as a general troubleshooting step: are those two lines the *only* output from make? I'd expect them to be symptomatic of some other error that would appear a bit earlier in the output. (Running make a second time usually produces a lot less output than the first run, since it doesn't redo all of the successful steps, which may make the problem easier to see.)

Littlefield, Tyler

Nov 26, 2021, 10:54:48 PM11/26/21
to Haily Merry, moo-...@googlegroups.com
Hello:

Is there a reason you're compiling gamma specifically? There are newer
less bug-ridden versions of the MOO server out there:

https://github.com/lisdude/toaststunt

for example.

If you want help with your compilation issue, you'll need to scroll
farther up. that means that a library or symbol couldn't be found. We
will need a few lines above that to help.

Also it would help to include which Linux distro you're running.

Luke Dashjr

Nov 26, 2021, 11:23:56 PM11/26/21
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Littlefield, Tyler, Haily Merry
Why the FUD? GammaMOO is stable, and has no reported open bugs.

I'd even bet anything stunt-based has more bugs.