passing bytes with the server

Nathan Smith

Oct 7, 2020, 4:22:00 AM10/7/20
to MOO Talk
Hi Folks,
So just as a bit of an interest project I was using a lambda core on Toast Stunt to act as an echo server for a couple of local programs.
In this it works quite while (after stripping the trailing \r\n) as long as you send text like: "hi, how goes?"
Where it fails however is if I send a sound file for instance, a wav file.
I've tried on the server side to do: set_connnection_option(player, "binary", 1) but the returned file is vastly different.
Is this due to the server's inability to handle the characters in the wav file as there is more than just the standard a to z, 1 to 0 stuff?
Thanks