Fuzzy Matching

瀏覽次數:2 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Jo Jaquinta

未讀,
2019年2月28日 下午3:43:162019/2/28
收件者:MOO Talk
I'm to the point of adding fuzzy matching to the Java LambdaMOO reimplementation I'm working on. For simplicity/performance, I think the best way to do so is by adding some new built in functions for it. I've written up some draft documentation here.

If there is anyone who might ever use this implementation, I'd love to hear your opinion on the API presented.

Beyond that, if you are maintaining a newer version of the C code, and think that your distribution might benefit from fuzzy matching, I'd like your opinion too. (The code I want to put behind this isn't very deep, and should port reasonably easy to C.)

Specifically, I currently have it specified as returning lists containing a few elements about the match: confidence, match method, matched word, original word, and the underlying IPA representations (if used). But match_object() is going to need to return the object that was matched, and match_verb() is going to need to return the object and verb matched. Lists start to get a little cumbersome. My limited understanding is that the LambdaMOO code bases currently in active development have mostly added in support for a Map object. I think a map object would probably be a much cleaner way of returning this information. But it's somewhat non-traditional and there might be actively developed code bases out there I'm not aware of that don't have a Map object. I'd appreciate any guidance people might have.

Cheers,

Jo

David Given

未讀,
2019年2月28日 下午4:46:322019/2/28
收件者:Jo Jaquinta、MOO Talk
+1 for map; they're insanely useful and no self respecting programming system should be without one.

If there are some traditional LambdaMOO systems without it, then well, maybe this will nudge it into becoming mainstream!

Jo Jaquinta

未讀,
2019年3月1日 晚上9:50:082019/3/1
收件者:MOO Talk
Absent any other comments, I've changed it to use map. Code and unit tests are checked in for anyone interested. The core Java code for the fuzzy matching is about 1000 lines. Not too bad a port if someone was interested.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息