WTB: MoBo, Kit or Assembled

W B McCarty

Mar 23, 2017, 10:45:11 PM3/23/17
to MOBOKITS
I'm a computer science professor (and licensed amateur radio operator) interested in QRP and SDR. I own at least one SoftRock (RXTX Ensemble) and would like to get my hands on a MoBo.

Ideally, I'd like an assembled and integrated MoBo setup, because I'm not a hobbyist interested in building one. Instead, my interest is in studying, and perhaps modifying, the device and its software. I'm also old enough (I'm a computer scientist who recalls vacuum tubes and hardware, after all!) that my eyesight and muscular control are such that I might experience some difficulty with soldering SMT components. That said, if the only way I can get one is to build it, I'm eager to try.

I'm not the sort of buyer who would need pre- or post-sales handholding so I don't expect to receive free support from a seller.

I'd prefer to pay cash. But I have a modest collection of QRP radios, some of which might form the basis of an interesting trade. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll let you know if I have it.

Thanks for your consideration.

Cheers,

Timothy Hatch

Mar 31, 2017, 6:44:24 AM3/31/17
to MOBOKITS
I have a built MoBo 4.3.4.  Tested.  I don't have the SR 6.3, but it is a starting point.

Tim
WB0WUQ