SR6.3NG Kit

Thomas Rieff

Dec 31, 2016, 9:17:23 AM12/31/16
to MOBO...@googlegroups.com
I have a SR6.3NG Kit...
Would like to finish the build so I can play with it.
Can this be used on a standalone basis???
Could someone point me in the right direction???
Tom
'
K0YR
C/O Thomas Rieff
2059 Sundance Lane
North Mankato, MN 56001

(507) 381-0660 Cell

f6itu

Dec 31, 2016, 12:41:25 PM12/31/16
to MOBOKITS
Hi Thomas

It's definitely possible, even if some of the following options are not trivials.
The 6.3 NG is the smd version of the "original" 6.3. You can use it "raw" only if you add an RX filter and a P.A.+Filter module.
The RX filter is simple and easy to build
the PA module is a little bit more complex

these modules are not sold by Fivedash anymore, you'll have to re-design and build you own.

each PA module and RX filter set is dedicated to a "chunk" of frequencies. You'll have to build 4 different sets if you intend to cover the whole RF ham spectrum (that's the reason why Alex and Loftur decided to build the "mobo 4.3", a full-band SR6.3 extension for people who hate "hand swapping" filters and modules)

The TX-PA plug-in board -the most complex one- could perhaps be bought on the SDR-Cube website

An equivalent of the RX filter set could also (once again, "perhaps") be bought at this very same address

I said "perhaps" 'cause these modules were only sold to SDR-Cube customers. I don't know if this policy is still applied.

If you intend to use your softrock on a real standalone and autonomous basis, you could consider adding an STM32-SDR interface board. It works perfectly with a regular SR6.3 (NG or old style)

Hope this helps a little bit.
73' and season's greetings

De Marc f6itu

George Boudreau

Dec 31, 2016, 12:57:36 PM12/31/16
to MOBO...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas.

There was an earlier email this week from Pete Armstriong talking about his PA / BPF combo board he offered at one time.

George

--

---

Pete

Jan 3, 2017, 5:14:55 AM1/3/17
to MOBO...@googlegroups.com
Boards are $5 plus P&P.

I don’t have any microprocessors or miscellaneous mounting hardware left, but I do have most of the passive SMD / magnetics / thru hole components.

If you can get the PA / BPF form the SDR-Cube project then I’d go that way. You can cut the I2C portion off my board to use with the Cube’s PA board.

Regards,
Pete

Timothy Hatch

Jan 3, 2017, 3:00:00 PM1/3/17
to MOBOKITS
Hi Pete,
I would like to get one from you, please send me more information.
Tim
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to MOBOKITS+u...@googlegroups.com.

Gregory Hoerner

Jan 18, 2017, 2:44:36 PM1/18/17
to MOBOKITS
Pete,

Just a quick note for anyone who might come across your post... you can in fact buy individual components from the SDR Cube site. I bought the Multi-RX board kit to use as a BPF for a standalone SR63 which will be a dedicated second receiver. It has some VERY small SMD components, but even with my limited surface mount soldering experience, I was able to complete the kit in one evening. The guy who sells the kits (I forget his call sign), is very friendly.

73, Greg AC2MO
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to MOBOKITS+u...@googlegroups.com.