SI570CAC0000141G

1 view

Timothy Hatch

Dec 31, 2016, 7:56:39 PM12/31/16
to MOBOKITS
Hello All,

New to the group, but been following for sometime now.  I have just picked up a new Mobo 4.3.4 pcb and started construction on it.  Loaded the firmware with no problem.  I don't have a rxtx 6.3 board to connect to it.  However I am looking for one.  That is not really the problem at hand.  I have breadboarded up an si570CAC0000141G to P30.  The issue is it will not oscillate 100% of the time.  The way it will oscillate is by making a frequency change.  It will oscillate fine, but stops as soon as I stop making frequency changes.  Is this normal?  When using the Softrock Configuration tool, the I2C led is on all the time.  I am assuming there is traffic.  Putting a frequency counter on it shows that is is oscillating, but at 56.32 Mhz.

I do have a SoftRock RXTX Ensemble Transceiver.  The oscillator on it runs all the time.

So, I am asking for any help, comments on what I may or may not be doing correctly to make it work.

Glad to be part of a great group.

Tim Hatch
WB0WUQ
Chanute, Kansas