[hiring] Senior ML/Data Engineer

Sabrina Hsueh

Oct 18, 2021, 6:04:06 PM10/18/21
to Machine Learning News

Senior ML/Data Engineer

In Brief

  • We're an early-stage startup on a mission to make healthcare proactive by empowering physicians, nurses, and care team members with real-time data to save lives.
  • We’re looking for someone with strong data science fundamentals and 4 or more years of experience designing and implementing cloud-based data pipelines for ML/data science systems in production.

Who We Are

Bayesian Health’s mission is to improve patient outcomes by empowering clinicians with the insights they need to make the right decision for the right patient at the point-of-care. We’re a diverse team of clinicians, machine learning experts, and engineers committed to enabling smarter, patient-specific care delivery through unlocking the power of data.

What makes us different? We’re data analytics obsessed, but we also understand that to address our users’ needs, we must go beyond building great technology. After spending a decade working side by side with top clinicians from one of the world’s leading health systems, we know what it takes to develop usable, clinically-relevant solutions. We are experts at rummaging through messy, incomplete, biased datasets.  We are able to make sense of, and continuously learn from data, to help our physicians practice more precise medicine.

Read more about the recent publication of our large, two-year study of the effectiveness of our sepsis module here: https://www.bayesianhealth.com/2021/07/11/bayesian-health-launches/

Bayesian Health is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.

Who You Are

  • You have 4+ years experience designing and implementing cloud-based data pipelines for ML/data science systems in production.
  • You are passionate about making clinical care more effective and efficient. You believe data has a larger role to play at the point-of-care, and want to make that a reality.
  • You have strong data science fundamentals and a background in statistics and ML.
  • You have a track record of success in a production software development organization - for example, code reviews and CI/CD pipelines.
  • You have a track record as a good communicator and a collaborative, driven team player.

What You’ll Do

This role is critical to our ability to scale our machine learning platform to all of the hospital systems and physicians we are expanding to support. You will provide the essential synthesis of deep knowledge of cloud services with data science fundamentals.

You will:

  • Build and maintain data pipelines using cloud services (e.g. AWS Glue, SageMaker, EMR) to expand the clinical modules we offer and the number of hospital systems we support.
  • Design and implement pipelines to provide real-time model performance and data quality monitoring Interface with external teams to understand integration requirements.
  • Work with our data science team to expand our architecture to support multiple data sources
    from different hospital systems to make predictions across multiple clinical areas.
  • Be an integral part of our diverse, inclusive, collaborative, fully-remote engineering team.