[Jobs] Sensor Fusion Data Analyst / SW Developer -- Material Analysis in Rough Environments - Green Startup

gomezchav...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2022, 12:53:54 PM8/18/22
to Machine Learning News

ABOUT WASTEANT

We are a young startup from Bremen and the first of its kind in Germany. We turn waste into a valuable resource through AI-based quality assessment and management. With our software, we are already contributing to the circular economy today. Our system is in use in waste incineration plants and optimizes process efficiency. The first product will soon be ready for full market launch and we are full of ideas on how to get much more out of waste.

The WasteAnt team works on the line of innovation & productization, as “waste” is still a vastly unknown territory for the areas of AI, ML, Robotics and as former researchers, we announce our job positions here to look for research-oriented candidates that will achieve our next technological leap.

If you are interested in the position described below, please send your Resume and a Cover Letter to: car...@wasteant.com

WHAT YOU WILL DO

  • Generation of new ideas & concepts for computer vision, machine learning & sensor fusion models

  • Implementation, integration & verification of fusion algorithms in real application environments

  • Creation, adaptation and calibration of sensor models

  • Develop and integrate Big Data and ML models with sensor and operational/industrial/ERP data

  • Close collaboration with the hardware team to propose and validate sensor set-up designs and tests

  • Data curation and organization of raw sensor data

WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING

  • Minimum: Master's degree or 3 years of work/research experience in Informatics/Computer Science/Signal Processing

  • Strong background and prior experience in developing sensor fusion software (mainly in Python & C++)

  • Experience with development tools, e.g. Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, etc.

  • Motivation to work in a highly dynamic early-stage startup

  • Willingness to learn, communicate and work as a team

  • Interest in delving into how technology can turn waste into a valuable resource

  • Nice to have, but not a must: Experience with diverse sensor modalities (2D,3D,multi-spectral, etc.), previous work on Material Analysis, familiarity with Robotic Operating System (ROS).

WHAT WE OFFER

  • Starting date: October 2022

  • Initial job contract for 2 years with possibility of a full-time position after this period.

  • A competitive salary according to your qualification and experience (we are also working on a VSOP concept if attractive for you).

  • A very international and appreciative working environment

  • An exciting, varying and entrepreneurial job, in which you can shape the development and success of our company from day one

  • Great flexibility in working hours and location (Office Bremen, Oldenburg or hybrid – remote plus on-site)