[Jobs] Postdoc position in robot learning/LLMs at VU Amsterdam

KS Luck

Jul 10, 2024, 8:01:36 PM (5 days ago) Jul 10
to ml-...@googlegroups.com

TLDR: 1-year postdoc position in the topics of robot learning, deep (reinforcement) learning and large language models for start in September-October 2024 in Amsterdam, NL.

I have an opening for a postdoctoral researcher at the AI department of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands. You will be embedded within my group and the Computational Intelligence Group and work on topics related to Robot Learning, Representation learning, and LLMs funded by the NWO TeNet project.

The project aims to investigate and develop new methods using LLMs to create and tune neural policies for continuous and robot control tasks in reinforcement learning settings. We will especially focus on creating an impact for real-world robot learning and energy- and time-efficiency to increase the possible use cases of LLMs in robot learning.
You are a good candidate for this position if you have a solid background in robot learning and/or (deep) reinforcement learning as demonstrated by your publications.
Experience with Large Language Models is very beneficial. If you have so far not used LLMs in your research, motivation and a keen interest in exploring this area of machine learning is expected.

Please note that the postdoc position is funded via the NWO AIned XS initiative for high-gain/high-risk research and, hence, provides only funding for one year. Based on performance, an extension of a few months is possible as a secondment to the collaboration partner Finnish Center for AI (FCAI) and Aalto University in Helsinki, Finland. The position comes with funds for a research visit to Helsinki. The start date for this position is negotiable, but it would ideally be in September or October 2024. Given the duration of the position, hybrid work is possible, but please note that you will need to register within the Netherlands.

Further details and how to apply can be found on the following website; feel free to contact me via email with any questions you have about the position:
https://workingat.vu.nl/vacancies/postdoc-researcher-position-in-large-language-models-and-robot-learning-amsterdam-1091833

Best wishes,
-Kevin Luck

--